GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Motion Light Switch

Bumbershoot

Does anyone have any experience with this device? 

https://www.amazon.com/GE-Occupancy-Required-SmartThings-26931/dp/B07226MG2T/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=ge+enbrighten&qid=1602599075&sr=8-16

I'm looking to get rid of the barnacles hanging off my walls (motion sensors), and I could very reasonably install one of these in about a dozen locations around the house.  Now that my ISY is a certified Z-Wave Plus controller, it might be time to migrate some devices to Z-Wave.

My use case would be to have the motion value separately available to ISY programs, and not have it directly linked to the on/off functionality of the switch (though that would be okay in some cases).  I want to generally control the actual switch either through a program or a paddle press, not through motion.

I expect the on/off functionality of this device will work just fine, but if anyone has any cautions about the ISY's ability to use the motion sensor values, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance.

I've three of these in use, with the companion 3-way switch.  They work wonderfully, although they show some odd nodes that you have to experiment a bit to figure out.  Turns out that in my locations, my primary need was to turn on/off the light, which the switch does perfectly without any programming.  The secondary need is to monitor the lights, and for one of them to turn it on for a while near dusk and dawn.  Works great for that purpose.  I pretty much ignore all the sensor nodes in the ISY.

So, I've never really tried to use the motion sensing with the ISY.  And given the numerous changes to z-wave handling in the ISY between 4.x, 5.x, and the latest release that's actually certified, I suspect using the motion sensing would be dependent in ISY firmware version.  In other words -- buy one, and try it.

Archived