Insteon being discontinued?

jimg

4 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

42 pages!!! Let's see if we can reach 100 ... it'll be a record!

With kind regards,
Michel

Talk about moving the goal posts?

shhhhhhh! ...Michel secretly modifies the number of posts in a forum page.

1 minute ago, Kentinada said:

@MrBill thanks. I asked here because the original post said INSTEON was being discontinued.  Glad to know the answer is no.  :)

There have been stock shortages due in part to the worldwide semiconductor shortage.  Insteon has a new owner/CEO (since 2017 actually) and it's focus has changed and many less profitable SKU's have been eliminated. Insteon isn't going away tho.  The thread I linked is actually almost a year old but it's still getting on-going posts today with over 1000 replies so far... so it's actually not readable.  What smartlabs is doing or not doing has been hashed and re-hashed so many times in this forum.

1 minute ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Funny you say that since their website shows they have stock of all the devices they do make

I rarely argue with you BUT 2413s in not in stock but according to you it has not been discontinued....

(that's one example, but I'm sure there are more line items I could use...)

Just now, MrBill said:

I rarely argue with you BUT 2413s in not in stock but according to you it has not been discontinued....

(that's one example, but I'm sure there are more line items I could use...)

True but it's on hold. I was referring to products that they've said they'll continue to produce during the shortage. I could've been clearer

2 hours ago, upstatemike said:

So Insteon products are definitely NOT discontinued... they are just on hold, in increasing numbers, forever.

I'm not going through this again with you. We'll call a company with a new product line going out of business. I'm done with this 

22 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

I'm not going through this again with you. We'll call a company with a new product line going out of business. I'm done with this 

Why? I totally agreed with you that Insteon products are definitely NOT discontiued... they just have widespread mounting delivery issues with no fixed timeframe to resolve them.

16 minutes ago, upstatemike said:

Why? I totally agreed with you that Insteon products are definitely NOT discontiued... they just have widespread mounting delivery issues with no fixed timeframe to resolve them.

Ok. You're right. The whole line is discontinued and they will be shutting the doors next week. Happy now. 

Archived