Insteon being discontinued?

jimg

1 minute ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Don't worry, the buy now links and subsequent pages that pop up in order to buy the product your eyes think they see isn't real either. Just the Matrix playing it's usual tricks

Those links aren't tied back to inventory in any way. That automated system will happily keep accepting orders for stock that doesn't exist until somebody remembers to edit the product page. Maybe your order will ship before the barrel runs dry or maybe it won't. Either way there will be no delay in charging your credit card or sucking cash from you via Paypal.

25 minutes ago, upstatemike said:

Those links aren't tied back to inventory in any way. That automated system will happily keep accepting orders for stock that doesn't exist until somebody remembers to edit the product page. Maybe your order will ship before the barrel runs dry or maybe it won't. Either way there will be no delay in charging your credit card or sucking cash from you via Paypal.

According to you, they've. Disco'd the line and out of business. They shouldn't be able to do any of what you just said 

14 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

It's been repetitive. That's why I'm simply agreeing with upstate doomsday

Fixed it for ya...?

13 hours ago, upstatemike said:

And I'm not just saying that as an excuse to advance the post count on this thread (Or am I ??)

None of us are guilty of that...?

6 minutes ago, upstatemike said:

Insteon products are definitely NOT discontinued... they are just in a quantum state of being both discontinued and continued at the same time. This was first detailed in that famous PLM thought experiment known as Schrödinger's cap.

It's old now. It stopped being funny a long time ago

28 minutes ago, upstatemike said:

Insteon products are definitely NOT discontinued... they are just too shy to come out

I just shot down that theory.  I needed two dimmers, ordered them Saturday, and got confirmation of shipment a few minutes ago.  It seems they do sell and ship hardware.   It seems they are still in business and seem to be doing exactly what they said they would be doing which is focusing on keeping stock of the high demand items. 

Given the very real difficulty in getting supplies (not just chips), it seems they are doing what they can given their reliance on others for materials.  I know I'm having all kinds of trouble getting materials for my line of work so I imagine Smartlabs is also.  

Granted, Insteon is no longer the favorite child of Smartlabs.  We all can likely agree that legacy Insteon products are closer to extinction than their brith.  But, as of now they are selling the product and acting like a going concern. 

I know it is fun to speculate and joke about their demise and will do so myself upon occaision.  But, I did want to set the record straight for the benefit of other readers with relevant information I can attest to.  Not everyone reading this thread will understand Upstatemike's sense of humor.  Personally, I think he is usually very funny, but we don't need to hurt the Insteon line by decreasing sales by having somone conclude the Insteon brand's demise is eminent.  It's end will come like anything, but it could still be many, many years away.       

1 hour ago, Teken said:

On a more serious note would like to see a show of hands as to who purchased the latest Nokia hardware?!? As such I would love to see the inside of the PCB to determine what brands of capacitors are in use.

What is a "Nokia"?

22 hours ago, DAlter01 said:

Is there something wrong with this thread?  It seems to be repeating posts from 20 pages ago..... or, is this starting to be a bit repetitive?

It has to be the only thread where posters have stated they will not participate more than three, four?,  times so far, and yet still keep responding. hmmmm.... reverse trolling?

27 minutes ago, larryllix said:

It has to be the only thread where posters have stated they will not participate more than three, four?,  times so far, and yet still keep responding. hmmmm.... reverse trolling?

Got me there....Maybe I'll just go back and delete some of my comments like some person(s).....

Archived