GD00Z-8-GC Garage Controller setup help needed

n8huntsman

I bought the GD00Z-8-GC Garage Controller.  It included fine and functions nicely in the admin console.  It added several nodes, Barrier, Intrusion Alarm, Tamper Code Alarm, Glass Break Sensor, and Motion Sensor, which I'm unsure of but I'll explore those later.  The Barrier node properly reports status and controls the opener.  It even has proper logic to only trigger when it should.  For example, if the door is closed and you tell it to close, it will not open the garage.  This should make for a simpler configuration compared to an Insteon I/O sensor.

For starters, I'm wondering what the best way to set this up is.  I connected it to Alexa and can query it by asking if it is "locked" or "unlocked" which is not optimal.  I can close it by saying "lock".  I have unlock disabled for obvious security reasons.  

I would like to use open/close instead of lock/unlock.  If I create a program I can use the open/close syntax but then I will lose the query function.  Any ideas on how I can set this up?

Eventually, I'd like to create programs to close the door at a certain time or at least alert me so I can close it manually, but I'll get to that after I get a good working setup.

Thanks for any ideas.

59 minutes ago, n8huntsman said:

I bought the GD00Z-8-GC Garage Controller.  It included fine and functions nicely in the admin console.  It added several nodes, Barrier, Intrusion Alarm, Tamper Code Alarm, Glass Break Sensor, and Motion Sensor, which I'm unsure of but I'll explore those later.  The Barrier node properly reports status and controls the opener.  It even has proper logic to only trigger when it should.  For example, if the door is closed and you tell it to close, it will not open the garage.  This should make for a simpler configuration compared to an Insteon I/O sensor.

For starters, I'm wondering what the best way to set this up is.  I connected it to Alexa and can query it by asking if it is "locked" or "unlocked" which is not optimal.  I can close it by saying "lock".  I have unlock disabled for obvious security reasons.  

I would like to use open/close instead of lock/unlock.  If I create a program I can use the open/close syntax but then I will lose the query function.  Any ideas on how I can set this up?

Eventually, I'd like to create programs to close the door at a certain time or at least alert me so I can close it manually, but I'll get to that after I get a good working setup.

Thanks for any ideas.

Create a program in your ISY to ,open your garage like this:

Open Garage Door - [ID 0089][Parent 0001]

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        Set 'ZW 018 Garage Door' Open

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Create another program in your ISY to close your garage door like this:

Close Garage Door - [ID 008A][Parent 0001]

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        Set 'ZW 018 Garage Door' Close

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Then add programs to Alexa as scenes. 

Then create routines for opening and closing your garage door using the scenes.

• Like 1