iLinc Pro 2.10 is Released for Approval!

InsteonNut

iLinc Pro 2.10 was released to Apple last night for approval! Check back for official approval from Apple (est. 2 weeks).

Here are the following features that are included as part of the 2.10 update:

General Features:

- Themed backgrounds and matching color icons.

- Default, Blue Marble, Green Texture, Brass Metal Plate, Wood Grain, Papyrus, Retro Wallpaper.

- Multiple ISY support through Profiles.

- Create multiple profiles to access different ISY devices in your home or vacation home.

- Rename device commands to customize each device. For example, if a device opens a garage door, rename the "On" command to "Open Garage" and rename the "Off" command to "Close Garage".

- Pick any of the "My" pages as the default start-up page including the Profiles page to bypass the startup connection process and pick which profile to start.

ISY 26/99 Features:

- Thermostat Support.

- New home page, "My Programs" supports programs and program status from ISY.

- New home page, "My Weather" supports the weather module (if installed in ISY 99 only).

- Support for Folders if running ISY firmware 2.7.6.

- Set devices as Favorite devices.

- Sort options on devices (A-Z, Z-A, On-Off, Off-On).

- Auto detect if on local network and connect to ISY using the local IP address. If iLinc detects a cell connection or attempting to connect to a remote ISY, iLinc auto switches to use the external IP address and connects securely.

- New My Settings Options:

- Auto Close Favorite Sheet - Option to close or keep the Favorite command sheet open to allow the user to issue multiple commands to a device or scene before closing the sheet.

- Display Device Errors - If enabled, this will allow device error pop-up within iLinc if ISY reports a communication error with a device. If disabled, iLinc will not display these types of messages.

- Show Empty Folders - If disabled, iLinc will filter out empty folders in My Scenes and My Devices.

- New color options for Program status and state.

As an Ilinc owner, do I get the upgrades free?

Also, is to possible to access ilinc pro using a browser?

I am excited about the new features. I am working daily to set up a commercial package for my customer base of vacation home owners. This may be the final piece of the puzzle! I really need access thru ipod OR any web browser.

Hi tahoe,

As an Ilinc owner, do I get the upgrades free?

Also, is to possible to access ilinc pro using a browser?

I am excited about the new features. I am working daily to set up a commercial package for my customer base of vacation home owners. This may be the final piece of the puzzle! I really need access thru ipod OR any web browser.

Yes, if you already own iLinc Pro, once Apple approves the 2.10 update you will get the update for free through the App store.

iLinc Pro is a native iPhone/iPod touch app. It runs directly on the iPhone or iPod touch hardware and does not need a brower to interact with iLinc.

Wes

Hi tahoe,

I think you misunderstood my browser request. I WANT it to be accessible via browser for those customers that do not own an ipod.

The other two interfaces that I am aware of work in both formats.

I apologize for the confusion in my response. iLinc is not accessable via a web browser. The iLinc program is downloaded directly to the iPod touch or iPhone through the Apple App store. The advantage this has over a web interface is that by running the native language directly on the device (not through a web browser interpreter) iLinc can receive real-time status updates from ISY without the need of polling. iLinc is also able to take advantage of specific hardware features enabling a smoother GUI interface and overall faster interaction on the iPhone/iPod touch not available through the web browser.

Does this answer your question a bit better?

Wes

Sounds like a good update. Looking forward it it showing up in the App store.

What will the Programs page offer ? Can we execute a program from there ? Enable/Disable ? Edit ? Or just see status ?

TIA

-X

Hi Xathros,

Sounds like a good update. Looking forward it it showing up in the App store.

What will the Programs page offer ? Can we execute a program from there ? Enable/Disable ? Edit ? Or just see status ?

TIA

-X

The Program page will offer the following:

- Display Enabled status

- Display Program Status

- Display Run at Startup Status

- Display Last Run Time

- Display Last Finish Time

- Display Next Run Time

- Execute the If, Then, or Else Statement

- Enable/Disable the program

- Enable/Disable Run at Startup

- Stop Program

With the 2.10 update, the program page will not display or allow the user to edit the specific contents of the If, Then, and Else statements. This may come in a future release depending on feedback.

Wes

Can you add programs to the "My Favorites" page?

If you can't, then that would be a nice addition. I'd like to be able to wake my computer at home via iLinc and the wake on LAN command. I know I can already do this, but I do it often enough that I'd like to be able to access from the favorites page without having to look through all my programs.

Archived