OpenWeatherMap appears to work with ISY, however, NodeServer OnLine never shows TRUE?

jukeman

I am new to nodeservers and adding items to polyglot cloud.  I got through setting up the API key easily, and easily enabled the nodeserver on Ployglot Cloud.  The weather on my ISY seems to be working, however, my NODESERVER ONLINE box, never shows TRUE?  Was there something in the isy-portal (uploading node definitions? that I may have missed?  Again, it seems to be working and getting updates, just never really showing ONLINE = TRUE   Any guidance is appreciated.  And thank you!  This forum is a lifesaver - Thank you all!

I believe there's a bug in Polyglot cloud where it doesn't properly send the status after the node server is installed.  Stopping and restarting will send the status and the field will properly reflect the online status.

THANK YOU.  That did it.  A simple stop and restart of the polyglot cloud fixed the problem.  As an FYI, when I stopped the node server, my ISY properly and immediately showed FALSE, in the ON LINE box.  And, upon restarting, TRUE appeared within a few seconds.  I appreciate your help and support.  

• 3 months later...

I have been having a similar problem.  Polyglot Cloud CURRENT STATUS = CONNECTED, but ISY NODE SERVER ONLINE = _____.  The problem is recurring. As far as I can tell, although values are reported for all other OpenWeatherMap fields, they are not updating. Each time, a simple STOP and START for OpenWeatherMap from Polyglot Cloud fixes the problem.  Is there a way to automatically STOP and START when this occurs? Or, any sense of a solution for this bug?

1 hour ago, jmwoolley said:

I have been having a similar problem.  Polyglot Cloud CURRENT STATUS = CONNECTED, but ISY NODE SERVER ONLINE = _____.  The problem is recurring. As far as I can tell, although values are reported for all other OpenWeatherMap fields, they are not updating. Each time, a simple STOP and START for OpenWeatherMap from Polyglot Cloud fixes the problem.  Is there a way to automatically STOP and START when this occurs? Or, any sense of a solution for this bug?

I'd need more information before I can start debugging this.    

Are there any errors in the log when this happens?   I'm not sure what you mean by the values are reported but not updated.  Do you mean that you see the queries happening in the log but the ISY doesn't get the updated values?  Is the Polyglot node tab showing the updated values, but the ISY is not?

Archived