Climacell & Open Weather Map - Weather Information not showing up in ISY

calberrt

Hi All.  Think i'm missing something here.  I have successfully installed the above 2 node servers but am having the same problem with both populating weather data in my ISY.  I have signed up for API keys and configured the servers correctly in Polyglot and have the nodes showing up in the ISY but there is no data (ie.  high, low temp come in at 0, and so does everything else and each forecasted day shows the same day - ie forecast 0=sunday, 1=sunday, 2=sunday)  I have tried removing the node servers and reinstalling with no change.  I am running v5.3.0 in the ISY and 2.2.3 of the Poly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  What am I missing here

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply Bob,

Everything in the ISY is configured as default except for my user name and password which is the one I use to log into openweathermaps.org.  Is this correct or should it still be polyglot?  also the base URL is configured to /ns/6 as it is the 6th node server I have installed.  Does this make sense (sorry, 1st time setting up a ns that pulls info from another online source)

If these setting are correct, i'll have to look at the configuration in poly through the log.  Any tips about what I should be looking for?

isy snip.PNG

With Polyglot, it manages all of the configuration on the ISY.  You shouldn't be modifying anything using the node server menu on the ISY for any node servers installed via Polyglot. 

I'd start with deleting the node server and re-adding it (no need to uninstall).  All the configuration is done via the Polyglot dashboard and you just need the API token to access the weather service data.  You won't need your OpenWeatherMap or Climacell account info for the node servers.

Polyglot and the node server will take care of configuring everything on the ISY.  The only thing you need to do after installing a node server, is to restart the admin console so that it will read the newly installed files that describe the new nodes.

The polyglot node server log file should show the results of the queries for the data.  If they fail for some reason, it should show up in the log.  

when the node server makes the query to the service it either gets data or an error response.  If it gets data, it will parse and populate the forecast nodes or it will fail and report an error.

So either the query is incorrect (which is based on configuration) or the data for your location is missing or different and can't be parsed. 

I, too am having problems with Open Weather Map and NOAA.  With NOAA, on the configuration page from Polyglot, is the station prefixed with a K, such as KPBZ or just PBZ.  Also, the alert zone/county in my area is 021.  I don't see any of this in my 994i, with 5.3 revision, just a bunch of blank boxes.  Same with Open Weather Map.  I see the node data in Polyglot, but not in the ISY.

Larry Lovering

3 hours ago, Larry Lovering said:

I, too am having problems with Open Weather Map and NOAA.  With NOAA, on the configuration page from Polyglot, is the station prefixed with a K, such as KPBZ or just PBZ.  Also, the alert zone/county in my area is 021.  I don't see any of this in my 994i, with 5.3 revision, just a bunch of blank boxes.  Same with Open Weather Map.  I see the node data in Polyglot, but not in the ISY.

Larry Lovering

For NOAA, it is the full station so KPBZ should be the right string to use.  Alert area codes include state identifiers so it should be some like CAC012.  If there aren't any alerts active, you won't see anything on the ISY. Nothing will be updated until there is an active alert.

For OpenWeatherMap, the primary cause of nothing being displaying is an incorrect configuration. Typically it's the location settings as OpenWeatherMap needs to see that correctly formatted.  

The node server logs will report errors when something is wrong and that's the best way to determine what isn't right.

19 hours ago, bpwwer said:

For NOAA, it is the full station so KPBZ should be the right string to use.  Alert area codes include state identifiers so it should be some like CAC012.  If there aren't any alerts active, you won't see anything on the ISY. Nothing will be updated until there is an active alert.

For OpenWeatherMap, the primary cause of nothing being displaying is an incorrect configuration. Typically it's the location settings as OpenWeatherMap needs to see that correctly formatted.  

The node server logs will report errors when something is wrong and that's the best way to determine what isn't right.

In Open Weather Map, the server logs indicate a problem with geocoding; here is the error:

2021-01-02 20:13:02,338 [Controller] [DEBUG] {'cod': '400', 'message': 'Nothing to geocode'}
2021-01-02 20:13:02,342 [Controller] [ERROR] Onecall data query failed
I have seen the location as only the zip code and as zip code[US.  I ran this line of the debug code in a browser and it indicated a problem with the location.
Any suggestions?  And with NOAA, I now see, via the logs, that it will populate during warnings, not on a daily basis.

4 minutes ago, Larry Lovering said:

In Open Weather Map, the server logs indicate a problem with geocoding; here is the error:

2021-01-02 20:13:02,338 [Controller] [DEBUG] {'cod': '400', 'message': 'Nothing to geocode'}
2021-01-02 20:13:02,342 [Controller] [ERROR] Onecall data query failed
I have seen the location as only the zip code and as zip code[US.  I ran this line of the debug code in a browser and it indicated a problem with the location.
Any suggestions?  And with NOAA, I now see, via the logs, that it will populate during warnings, not on a daily basis.

I'm guessing you're using Polyglot cloud where the configuration help isn't available?  

Location : geo coordinates (lat=xx&lon=xxx) ex: lat=37.75&lon=-121.62

It needs to be formatted exactly as in the example.  

41 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

I'm guessing you're using Polyglot cloud where the configuration help isn't available?  

Location : geo coordinates (lat=xx&lon=xxx) ex: lat=37.75&lon=-121.62

It needs to be formatted exactly as in the example.  

Got it!  Thank you.  Now can you tell me what the number of forecasts represent and how they get populated?  Thank you.

How many days of forecast data to track with a max of 8 days.  The first forecast is for the current day.   It's populated by querying the service on the longPoll intererval.

Can you add a query command to all your nodeservers?   I noticed it is missing.  All my other nodeservers have one so I can issue a query inside programs (mainly to check if nodeserver is up)  It does show True or False for online but that does not always update itself.  I have had programs stuck in a loop even though the nodeserver showed online in main admin screen, the program still thought it was offline.

13 minutes ago, macjeff said:

Can you add a query command to all your nodeservers?   I noticed it is missing.  All my other nodeservers have one so I can issue a query inside programs (mainly to check if nodeserver is up)  It does show True or False for online but that does not always update itself.  I have had programs stuck in a loop even though the nodeserver showed online in main admin screen, the program still thought it was offline.

Also WeatherFlow.   I use Dark Sky, Climacell, NOAA, Openweathermap, and Weatherflow.

4 hours ago, macjeff said:

I guess I'm not clear on what you want the query to do?  The node server would only be able to respond to the query if it was running. And if it's running what do want the query to return?  

Typically, query is a request for the current node status.  The node servers you mention, don't maintain the node state internally (Polyglot does that for the node server) and it only updates when it is able to get an update from the service.   For the weather services, I could have query make the same queries to the services, but that isn't going provide anything different than what the poll interval queries provide.

Basically I have found a bug I think with isy.  Was told to try query and it fixed the issue.  It’s a simple program.  If Nodeserver is down (up is false) then send text.  Wait 2 hours and check again.  If I take a Nodeserver down I get the text but program stays green.  Two hours later it texts again.  Even if I stop program and run it again it thinks it’s down.  But if I manually query the Nodeserver (even though it says TRUE already and is reporting correct data) then the program instantly goes off green and sees the correct status.  

this is with all node servers.   So last night I tested.  I added a query to all the Nodeserver as that had that option after the down text is sent and before the two hour wait.   That fixed issue.   Not sure why but it works. 

I am running 20 Nodeserver and all of them had query option in programming but yours and total connect.  

jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an ETA right now.  I'm pretty busy working on Polygot V3 for UDI.  I did look into properly implementing query on my node servers and it's it's going to take some time to do it correctly.  

Archived