Can't reach admin console on new ISY, no internet

Banichi

I'm working on a new install at a location that does not yet have an internet connection. Trying to setup about 30 devices. I have a local network created with a router and the latest ISY finder does see the ISY but it won't load me into the console. I updated java and updated the console as I thought those were the issue. 

If I completely remove admin console and re install where I have internet and then go back to the house and try and load in, it looks as if it's trying to lose console but the login window never appears.

I suspect that this is somehow related to the lack of internet but unclear why that would be. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, palayman said:

https://your isy ip address/admin.jnlp

I don't understand the response. The admin console java app launches and finds the ISY it just never loads the prompt for login and thus I cannot actually do anything with the ISY. The web interface loads without issue. 

3 minutes ago, Banichi said:

I don't understand the response. The admin console java app launches and finds the ISY it just never loads the prompt for login and thus I cannot actually do anything with the ISY. The web interface loads without issue. 

I was under the impression, perhaps wrongly, that the finder only accesses the correct admin console if you are connected to the internet.  The one I suggested will always be correct.

Paul

Yeah okay so I guess I somehow have gotten lucky in the past when using the finder. I did have some issues in the past but it was inconsistent. Was very consistent this time. Luckily I'm no stranger to networking so knowing the IP address is easy. Using the .jnlp from the device does solve my issue. Thanks so much.

Archived