Email Notifications NOT working

ToddR

Since the ISY email sever has gone down, I reconfigured my email SMTP server information to a Hotmail account I have.

The send test email works fine, but the programs are not sending any of the email notifications that were previously working for years.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, ToddR said:

Since the ISY email sever has gone down, I reconfigured my email SMTP server information to a Hotmail account I have.

The send test email works fine, but the programs are not sending any of the email notifications that were previously working for years.

Any help would be appreciated.

Check the error log for any errors. You might also try increase the timeout on the configuration page.

28 minutes ago, ToddR said:

The timeout is set at 5000 currently. The weird thing is if I press test on the configuration page, the email goes through fine. If the message is executed via a program i get an SMTP error  System    -50001    -10

That error is 

10    SMTP_FROM_TIMEOUT

Try setting timeout higher just to see if it makes a difference.

Since I upgraded to latest 5x version (in December) I stopped receiving my email notifications.

First problem was that the "from" field in the smtp dialog had gotten blanked out.  Fixed that, and NOW able to do a test send.

But my programs that send the notifications would not send emails.

I discovered that if "variables" are included in the SUBJECT field, the email will not get sent.

The emails WILL get sent if I remove the variables from the SUBJECT FIELD, and place them in the BODY field instead.

This has worked a long time with variables in the SUBJECT field, and allows me to glance without actually opening the message in my email clients.

Thx in advance for anyone that can verify that this is indeed a bug, and any workarounds.

Archived