Program triggers incorrectly...I think

superjuice

My goal is: 

If its between sunset and sunrise

and any one of those switches is turned off

or the bedtime shutdown routine program runs 

then set those lights to certain percentage.

The problem is every night at sunset, even if those lights are on, they set to dim.

Shouldn't it only trigger if one of those mentioned are switched off or the bedtime program runs?

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

image.thumb.png.cb61a55bf97c1a20067c8c6dc2c555e1.png

Generally, I would say your understanding is correct.  If it is sunset, sunrise, or anywhere in-between, the program should run true only if one (or more) of your lights are switched off.  The one exception that catches my attention is your condition:

"'timer bedtime shutdown' is true"

Of course, you did not post that particular program, so I can only speculate at this point.... Keep in mind, a program being "true" is not the same thing as a program running.  A program status will be true based upon the last action executed being true and remain true indefinitely or until it runs again and runs false.  Look at the status of that program right now.  Is it currently true?  Have you ever seen a false status for that program?  

Feel free to post that program and let us confirm this as a potential problem (or not).

2 hours ago, superjuice said:

I will just remove the “or program timer bedtime...” as those lights are shutoff at 12:00 anyway. I’ve been wondering what the problem was for over a year now, thanks again!

I think this confirms your problem.  This program runs once per day, always runs TRUE, and never runs FALSE.  The status of this program will always be true.  Given this, your first program will always execute true when triggered at sunset.

Archived