ISY994 ZW/IR Pro - rear blue led light?

STIM141

First ISY-994 ZW/IR Pro.  Successfully connected some of my INSTEON switches/dimmers without a problem.   What is the blue led light on the back of the unit?  When first powering on it lights up then blinks a couple of times then goes out.   I'm now trying to connect a Zwave device which is about 30 feet away - the light stays off and can't find it - think its too far away.   Will purchase a plug in and try that next with  repeater built in.  

My question - is the light supposed to turn on and stay on at some point.  Manual doesn't really say anything.   Thanks.

2 minutes ago, STIM141 said:

First ISY-994 ZW/IR Pro.  Successfully connected some of my INSTEON switches/dimmers without a problem.   What is the blue led light on the back of the unit?  When first powering on it lights up then blinks a couple of times then goes out.   I'm now trying to connect a Zwave device which is about 30 feet away - the light stays off and can't find it - think its too far away.   Will purchase a plug in and try that next with  repeater built in.  

My question - is the light supposed to turn on and stay on at some point.  Manual doesn't really say anything.   Thanks.

If the blue light is next to Port A it's part of the 300 series Z-wave board.   the 300 series board is only compatible up to and including ISY firmware version 5.0.16C.   For all firmware after that version you need a 500 series board.  See this link for more info on special pricing if you need to upgrade.

You may need to have the device closer to pair, there may also be a need for establishing repeaters....  if you're new to z-wave we should get @lilyoyo1 to link his post on creating z-wave networks.

Archived