Error discovering nodes, retry

unispeed

been working fing for a month isy 99i v2.7.6 ,explorer 8, xp sp3

Adding a keypadlinc and accidently hit the start lincing button.

Now I get no status, there are no programs and I keep getting

I do see status in the html version and my progroms are there but the Java is bricked I rebooted via the config page i does close the screen but when I log back on it the same error "Error discovering nodes, retry"

I tried restore and I get "Could not clear configuration in ISY my lighting"

Not feeling good

Please help

Mark

Hi Mark,

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is a known bug in 2.7.5 and 2.7.6 which has been fixed in 2.7.7 (http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=930). There's absolutely no harm done to your system ... all you have to do is to reboot your ISY.

With kind regards,

Michel

been working fing for a month isy 99i v2.7.6 ,explorer 8, xp sp3

Adding a keypadlinc and accidently hit the start lincing button.

Now I get no status, there are no programs and I keep getting

I do see status in the html version and my progroms are there but the Java is bricked I rebooted via the config page i does close the screen but when I log back on it the same error "Error discovering nodes, retry"

I tried restore and I get "Could not clear configuration in ISY my lighting"

Not feeling good

Please help

Mark

Thanks Michael always nice to know ou are out there...

I quicky I could not reboot from the config menu and I could not restore from the file menu

what other reboots are there (I looked and can't find it) I just did a power cycle and it came back to life

Thanks again

Mark

Hello unispeed,

My pleasure. I am not sure why you could not reboot from the Configuration Tab.

May I ask why you were trying to Restore? Restore should only be done when there system configuration is no longer equal to ISY's configuration.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks Michael always nice to know ou are out there...

I quicky I could not reboot from the config menu and I could not restore from the file menu

what other reboots are there (I looked and can't find it) I just did a power cycle and it came back to life

Thanks again

Mark

I was frantic it was late and I knew I had a backup that was semi current...

While I got you

is there any threads discussing

scenes can only turn stuff "on" reguardless the state of the controller in them? I do not want the scene to turn stuff off ever....

One use is to have a motion turn the scene on and ISY to turn it off

But I Have other 1 way scene Ideas!

thx again Michael

Mark

Hi Mark,

If your controller is a keypadlinc, then you can use the Non Toggle feature of any button from that KPL to either always turn a scene ON or OFF (non toggle). The catch is that you have to make sure you do not have any TOGGLE controllers in the same scene (such as SWLs, etc.).

With kind regards,

Michel

I was frantic it was late and I knew I had a backup that was semi current...

While I got you

is there any threads discussing

scenes can only turn stuff "on" reguardless the state of the controller in them? I do not want the scene to turn stuff off ever....

One use is to have a motion turn the scene on and ISY to turn it off

But I Have other 1 way scene Ideas!

thx again Michael

Mark

• 3 months later...

I'm getting this same error... I have 2.7.12... It say's "discovering nodes, retry" and then it's tries linking for a long time (I let it go for a couple of hours)... I've tried rebooting it but it just says "discovering nodes, retry" again when it start back up.

Thanks.

Ken

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum.

It could be that the PLM locked up, did you unplug the PLM?

Rand

Ok, I'm back to normal now... I powered down the device, kept it off for like 10 mins, powered it up and didn't log in for about 10 mins. Not sure it that's what did or it's just a coincidence but it seems to be fine now.

Thanks,

Ken

Archived