Insteon 2663-222 Dual Receptacle - Can it work with LED Porch lights

I hooked up my LED Backyard Patio Lights, very low wattage to my old Insteon 2473 (yes very old technology) 

I have noticed as also with my appliance module (2456S3) the LED lights do not turn off completely.. 

Has anyone used this Receptacle, Insteon 2663-22 Dual Receptacle, with LED lights ? Do they turn on and off, do they completely turn off ??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, do not mind updating the outdoor Receptacle to the new version, yes very well sealed in an outdoor PCV box...

Thanks

Roman

The 2473 has local control sensing. As do the 2456S3 and 2456D modules. There is a small sensing voltage on the output all the time. That small voltage is enough to keep a low current LED bulb or string. Glowing even when Off.

The 2465S3 later revision > 4. Also have a resistor capacitor network across the relays contacts. For protection. That network adds even more current on the output when Off.

As a cure or test. Use an electrical tap so you can hook a small load on the modules output. Along with the LED string. To squelch the current. A 4 watt incandescent night light works others have used old wall warts.

Sales Page indicates the 2663-222 also has Load Sense. So I suspect it may also keep a low current LED string glowing. Though I have no experience using that module.

You are not alone. Most of my modules in use are 2456S3 and 2476S modules.

10 hours ago, Roman said:

I hooked up my LED Backyard Patio Lights, very low wattage to my old Insteon 2473 (yes very old technology) 

I have noticed as also with my appliance module (2456S3) the LED lights do not turn off completely.. 

Has anyone used this Receptacle, Insteon 2663-22 Dual Receptacle, with LED lights ? Do they turn on and off, do they completely turn off ??

Any suggestions greatly appreciated, do not mind updating the outdoor Receptacle to the new version, yes very well sealed in an outdoor PCV box...

Thanks

Roman

Can't speak on off they'll work with your lights but mine works with led Christmas lights that would stay on with other insteon devices

27 minutes ago, lilyoyo1 said:

Can't speak on off they'll work with your lights but mine works with led Christmas lights that would stay on with other insteon devices

So Insteon works turning on and off your Christmas lights Yes ?? Also when they are off do you notice they still slightly glow, say 5% - 10% still on even though they are off ? This I find true with my Christmas lights and now my Back Yard LED Porch lights, and was wondering if they newer Receptacle would resolve this issue ??

Thanks

Roman

Archived