WeatherFlowPoly - lightning not working?

I'm running version 2.0.10 of the WeatherFlowPoly on Polyglot version 2.2.11 on a Raspberry Pi... Everything has seemed to be working fine for the month or so that I've been running it. Yesterday we finally got some lightning. Lightning info was properly reported in the Tempest app, however in the ISY I noticed lightning strikes and distance remained unreported at 0 and 0.0. Looking at the Polyglot log, it seems the WeatherFlowPoly nodeserver continued to report 0 and 0.0 for strikes and distance, all throughout the storm (closest strike reported by the Tempest app was in the 3-7 miles range.

4/21/2021, 16:33:07 [polyglot] info: WeatherFlowPoly(1): n001_lightning ST set sucessfully to 0 : UOM 25
4/21/2021, 16:33:07 [polyglot] info: WeatherFlowPoly(1): n001_lightning GV0 set sucessfully to 0.0 : UOM 116

All the other data seems to update just fine and be correct. Nothing of import that jumps out at me is in the WeatherFlowPoly nodeserver log.

Any ideas as to what isn't working properly? Is this maybe a consequence somehow of Weatherflow's process of correcting the weather data reported by my station? Maybe my station somehow isn't working to detect lightning, and all the lightning I see reported in the Tempest app is actually coming from the cloud (and WeatherFlowPoly just reports local info?) Or is there an issue with the lightning detection in the current version of the nodeserver?

For a while there was a bug in the Tempest firmware that caused it to not report lightning correctly, that has supposedly been fixed.  But it's still possible that your sensor isn't working well or isn't very sensitive.  The Tempest app reports data collected by their cloud services and supplements that with your local data so it is quite common to have the app reporting lightning while nothing is being reported locally.

As far as I know, the node server is properly handling what the Tempest reports.  It's very difficult for me to test this as lightning is very rare where I live. 

Thank you for the reply!

After researching the issue further, it seems this is still a problem with the Weatherflow Tempest units - lightning data is not being reported over UDP. Apparantly they have a firmware fix that addresses this issue, but that version of the firmware has not yet been pushed out to existing units. It seems you can request this firmware be applied to your device through support (I'll try that.)

The firmware of my Tempest is presently at the latest version pushed out: 134

The version that fixes the problem is 150.

This is per the following thread at Weatherflow (I saw you posted in that thread a couple times last year.) See the dozen or so posts at the very end.

https://community.weatherflow.com/t/lightning-reports-tempest/6262/200

Archived