Favorites set as default first screen?

johnstonf

On 6/6/2021 at 10:29 AM, Javi said:

Hi @DaveStLou,

The following is the intent the favorites launch screen shortcut uses. Tested in tasker and it appears to work there as well.

Send Intent [

Action:VIEW

Cat:None

Mime Type:

Data:udmobile://open_favorites_fragment

Extra:

Extra:

Extra:

Package:com.universaldevices.udmobile

Class:com.universaldevices.udmobile.activities.home.MainActivity

Target:Activity

@Javi Has there been a change? This hasn't worked for me for last several updates.

2 minutes ago, DaveStLou said:

@Javi Has there been a change? This hasn't worked for me for last several updates.

Hi @DaveStLou,

I think I changed the class package name, try changing

to

Class:com.universaldevices.udmobile.activities.mainActivity.MainActivity

2 minutes ago, asbril said:

Though it is really quick & easy to click on Favorites, I would also like to have Favorites as the first screen when opening the App.

Hi @asbril

Both iOS and Android have a shortcut/widget to open Favorites directly. Android is 1x1, Apple only has options for 2x2 and greater, which is an iOS limitation.  Hopefully Apple changes this soon.

13 minutes ago, Javi said:

Hi @asbril

Both iOS and Android have a shortcut/widget to open Favorites directly. Android is 1x1, Apple only has options for 2x2 and greater, which is an iOS limitation.  Hopefully Apple changes this soon.

Thanks, I just added the favorites widget !!!!

• 9 months later...
On 8/12/2021 at 10:31 AM, Javi said:

Hi @DaveStLou,

I think I changed the class package name, try changing

to

Class:com.universaldevices.udmobile.activities.mainActivity.MainActivity

@Javi Has there been another change that may have broken the intent I use in Tasker? I haven't used it in a bit and just noticed it's not working.

On 5/2/2021 at 6:17 PM, Javi said:

This is already possible if all of your devices are in a scene or you create a scene with all of the devices.   Add the Scene to favorites then change the type to "Folder", now you have a folder which shows status.

Nice

On 6/4/2022 at 7:20 PM, DaveStLou said:

@Javi Has there been another change that may have broken the intent I use in Tasker? I haven't used it in a bit and just noticed it's not working.

Hi @DaveStLou,

Nothing has changed. However I just installed tasker and ran a test and it appears tasker is having issues or requires permissions before the intent task is executed.  I needed to allow draw over other apps, reboot device, create intent task, backout to main screen, click save (check mark), then go to task and run.    I'm not sure which of the steps above fixed the issue but it was likely the permission reboot and saving the task before execution.

Archived