Downgrading from ISY-99 to ISY-26

DEGoodrich

My ISY-99 died! I have been trying to get my old ISY-26 to work until I can replace my ISY-99. Is there a way to import my links, scenes, and programs to the ISY-26 from a backup from the ISY-99. At one point I was able to import the programs, but the was way too many to fit in the memory. I deleted about 400 of them, since they were incompatible with the ISY-26 anyhow.

I don't really know what killed my ISY-99.

It happed after I added the weatherbug module and a beta version of iLink. Every time I tried to use my iPhone to access the ISY-99 it would lock-up, and I would have to reset the ISY after about 10 times, the thing just died. It showed all my devices and scenes, but would not show the status or have any control. The programs just disappeared. It also showed that there was no PLM connected. I have 4 PLMS. I tried all of them, but it would not communicate with any of them. I also tried to replace the memory card and reload the F/W.

:(

Hello DEGoodrich,

I am so very sorry to hear this. The iLinc/HTTPS issue was a bug that has already been fixed.

It seems that the main problem is the communications with the PLM. Do you get Not Connected on all of your PLMs? Are they all versions 52 and above?

Unfortunately you cannot import 99i backup into 26 due to memory constraints.

With kind regards,

Michel

My ISY-99 died! I have been trying to get my old ISY-26 to work until I can replace my ISY-99. Is there a way to import my links, scenes, and programs to the ISY-26 from a backup from the ISY-99. At one point I was able to import the programs, but the was way too many to fit in the memory. I deleted about 400 of them, since they were incompatible with the ISY-26 anyhow.

I don't really know what killed my ISY-99.

It happed after I added the weatherbug module and a beta version of iLink. Every time I tried to use my iPhone to access the ISY-99 it would lock-up, and I would have to reset the ISY after about 10 times, the thing just died. It showed all my devices and scenes, but would not show the status or have any control. The programs just disappeared. It also showed that there was no PLM connected. I have 4 PLMS. I tried all of them, but it would not communicate with any of them. I also tried to replace the memory card and reload the F/W.

Have you tried a different cable between the PLM and the ISY? If that doesn't work, take a look at the connector on the ISY and make sure none of the springy wires in there are stuck down do they don't make a good connection.

My PLM's are different versions. They all work with the ISY-26. I tried different cables. They are all fine.

I was able to export/import some of my programs, but the devices are not there. Example:

If

From Sunset + 10 minutes

To Sunrise - 10 minutes (next day)

Then

Set On

Else

Set Off

I was able to manually add most of my devices by linking my keypads. Of course only the address not the name is added to my network. Also some scenes were added, but they are named "Scene 1â€,†Scene2â€.....â€Scene 39â€, etc.

Luckily, I am able to use my topology report to help figure some of this out.

DEGoodrich,

I want to verify that you do NOT see any power lights on ISY99.

I must also tell you that there was a bug in 2.7.7 which stopped any downgrade attempt in the middle. I do not think that could have caused these issues but just another point of data.

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes I am.

I am in the lengthy process of setting it up.

Unfortuiantely, I have not saved any old backups from it.

DEGoodrich,

Great. I did send you an email on Friday to see if I could connect to your computer remotely and see what's going on.

Please send an email to tech@universal-devices.com and let's setup a time so that I can login remotely and fix the 99.

With kind regards,

Michel

All of the LED's are normal. I was running 2.7.6.

Can I connect both ISY's at the same time, so you can take a look around?

• 6 months later...

:cry:

I have been using my ISY-26 since my 99 broke.

But I really do miss all the special prograns/remote control/the modules/ and now some new features, that are not available on the 26. I did manage to upgrade the menory in the 26, So I was able to fit more programs.

I finall figured out what happpened to it!

I havw POE on my LAN for the IES TP (48VDC).

I must have plugged the RJ-45's in the wrong ports.

I did not figure that out until I took it appart and looked at it under a very powerful magnifier,

There is a very tiny spot on one of the chips. (it must be a burn)

Everything else looks perfect

Can it be repaaired, ot is it possable to just purchace a new board?

I can not afford a new unit at this time.

Dennis

http://cid-a45c7353fe6f4c5a.photos.live.com/play.aspx/ISY?ref=1

Archived