ISY-99 Setup to Work with ECM-1240

Teddy

I have installed a Brultech ECM-1240 and so far have not been successful to pull the data into the ISY.

I am using a wireless connection from the ECM to an Etherbee adapter (XBee to Ethernet) and the configuration with the EtherX Configuration Software is set to:

Local IP (Static) 10.0.1.25, Port 10003

Operation mode is set to "Server"

In the UD Admin Console, I enabled the Electricty Meter and set the URL to http://10.0.1.25:10003 with a poll interval of 60 seconds

No data come across with these settings.

Opening up the event viewer, I get the following messages every minute:

2009/11/29 08:15:25 : MOD-EM-BRULTECH: Connecting to http://10.0.1.25:10003

2009/11/29 08:15:26 : MOD-EM-BRULTECH: Bad Response 53[0xFE], 0[0xFF], 50[0x01]

UNQUOTE

I am running 2.7.7 Alpha which I installed on September 9th 2009.

Can you offer any advice ?

Thanks

Teddy

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to get Brultech ECM1240 EngineG to forward data to ISY99-i. According to Brultech the EngineG will forward the same data it receives from the ECM1240. I configure the ISY-99i IP and port 8084 at the EngineG software and the IP of the PC running EngineG software and port 8084 in the ISY99i. But the ISY-99i just complains it cannot find Bultech Enery Meter, does anyone knows what to do ?

I'm trying to get Brultech ECM1240 EngineG to forward data to ISY99-i. According to Brultech the EngineG will forward the same data it receives from the ECM1240. I configure the ISY-99i IP and port 8084 at the EngineG software and the IP of the PC running EngineG software and port 8084 in the ISY99i. But the ISY-99i just complains it cannot find Bultech Enery Meter, does anyone knows what to do ?

Unfortunately, you can't do that. The ECM1240 has two modes, client and server. It can't do both at the same time (at least not that I'm aware of). The Brultech engine and the ISY require different modes. The ISY expects the ECM1240 to be acting like a server and it polls the ECM1240 at a fixed (specified by you) interval. The Brultech Engine expects the ECM1240 to be a client and send data to the engine at a fixed interval.

I'm actually running the Brultech Software on a PC. This software receives broadcast from the ECM1240 hardware. It also rebroadcast the data. But it also records everything to it's internal database. Let me ask Brultech if ISY can poll the database.

• 4 weeks later...
I am using a wireless connection from the ECM to an Etherbee adapter (XBee to Ethernet) and the configuration with the EtherX Configuration Software is set to:

I am about to purchase an ECM-1220/40 and want to understand Teddy's setup. Does this configuration require the ECM data to be fed to a PC or is the data fed to the ISY99i directly?

Thanks!

I am about to purchase an ECM-1220/40 and want to understand Teddy's setup. Does this configuration require the ECM data to be fed to a PC or is the data fed to the ISY99i directly?

Thanks!

The only way the the ISY and the ECM work together is if the ISY queries the ECM directly for the data. No PC is needed.

• 7 months later...

For those of you that want to use the ECM Monitor software to forward information to Google, and want to access data on ISY as well, you can do it by enabling the data forward feature of the ECM monitor software on your PC. In the ECM monitor software, go to data forward menu, and choose the home controller plugin. Then in the TCP/IP tab, use the bottom section, enter the port number you want to use, and enable the connection.

In ISY, enter the IP address of the PC that is running the ECM monitor software and the port number as server URL. http://10.0.0.13:8084 format. Set the polling interval and ISY should be able to poll the database stored on the PC.

Hope this helps.

Burak

Thanks!

The only way the the ISY and the ECM work together is if the ISY queries the ECM directly for the data. No PC is needed.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm also intersted in knowing if the configuration with the PC functioning as a server for the ISY works correctly. I'm getting an ECM-1240 and want to both look at the historical data on my PC, but be able to see the current information from programs in the ISY. Can Universal Devices at least let us know if this should work?

I have 3 ecms confiquered to my computer and isy at the same time. the computer is using the engine g and was also reporting to google till they stopped that so now its just collected. they isy polls the ecm every 5 mins for changes. i just set operation mode to mixed.

Archived