2413s PLM, no LED, booting in safe mode

oskrypuch

I have had 2413s start to fail with INOPs of various kinds, and have had to replace them a couple of times now, but not seen it where the device was dark. No LED flicker on a power cycle, and the admin console boots up in SAFE mode.

But I guess it happens. Ordered a replacement.

One comment, and my question, the JAVA admin console shows all the devices and variables, but the programming page is blank and it gives a device error notice. (yes, I have backups) Is that normal in SAFE mode, or will I have to restore the programming from a backup as well?

Thanks

* Orest

If the LED on the PLM is not On. That is one sign of a 2413S PLM failures. As its power supply has failed to the point nothing is working.

If you are in a Safe Mode. That would also indicate the PLM has failed.

In the Safe Mode. Some features are not available.

I don't think you lost all of the programs.  You will have to run the PLM replacement procedure to write the new PLM Insteon ID Number into all of the Insteon modules in use.

Power down the ISY994i and old PLM. Connect the replacement PLM to the ISY994i. Power up the PLM and ISY994i so it is found during power up. Use the Restore Modem (PLM) function to write the new PLM ID into the modules. If you have a PRO model you can turn off automatic writes to battery powered devices. So you can restore each one individually as battery powered module have to be its programming mode first.

Archived