Insteon Motion Sensor 2

zg825

I am trying to set up my Motion sensors on ISY and having some issues. I updated my firmware to 5.3.0 and was able to see the option to add in "Motion Sensor II". It looks like I was able to add the sensor in correctly and is linking up with ISY. When I hit the "beep" button in ISY, I do hear a beep from the sensor at times (only when I hold the "set" for 5 seconds, and it is flashing green)

I created a simple program that says:

If Motion Sensor is on, then set Room light On

The idea being if the motion sensor detects motion, then turn on the light.  This doesn't seem to work.  Is there some trick to setting up the motion detector so it will work? How quickly will the motion detector reset itself?

I am considering having a motion detector on my porch so whenever someone walks out the front door, the lights will turn on. I would like to have another detector a short distance away that will point towards my driveway. I would like if some motion is detected, then my flood lights will turn on. My question is will I create a loop because I assume the light turning on /off will trigger "motion", so the two detectors will keep thinking their is motion and turn on. 

Appreciate any guidance someone can give

I do not believe lights going on/off will trigger your motion sensors. I have never witnessed this behavior and it would be very problematic for many situations.
Regarding your program, are you seeing the status of the motion sensor change at all? Also there is an options setting for changing the timeout of the sensor to turn back off. Check the summary tab in the program area to see the last time your program was run.

Thank you for your advice. I'm not sure what I did exactly, but I have it working now. I changed the timer to switch to off every 10 seconds.  I also tested the lighting to see if it would trigger the motion detector, and it did not.  

Archived