KASA KL125 color bulb

JFrary01

15 hours ago, JFrary01 said:

I just installed LK125 in my KASA app, but can't get the KASA ns to discover it.  Is this not supported, or am I missing something?

The readme for the Kasa app says that it's been tested and confirmed working with:

Known working

The known list of supported devices models are:

• HS100 (US)
  • HS110 (US)
  • HS300 (US)
  • KL110 (US)
  • KL120 (US)
    • Currently limited to on/off and brightness. Can not set temperature yet.
  • KL130 (US)
    • Currently limited to on/off and brightness. Can not set colors or temperature yet.

If you have another device not listed and it is working properly please let me know.

It also says:

Unknown devices

All other simple plug and bulb devices should work, the nodeserver attempts to figure out the capabilities of the device instead of hardcoding based on the model. But if you have an issue please add to UDI Poly Kasa Issues Feel free to Fork this repo and add support as you like and send me a pull request.

Which contains a link to the issues page for the nodeserver on github, so that you can open an issue.  @Jimbo will likely need to see the nodeserver log in Debug (or debug+ in this case I'm not sure what the difference is). To set debug mode go to the controller node in the ISY and change the dropdown to debug and then click "Set Logger Level" to the left of the dropdown.  Next go back to the nodeserver configuration page and restart the nodeserver.  turn the device on and off from the Kasa App,  then download and  attach the log to the issue that you are creating from the link in the quote above.

Also there is a dedicated Kasa nodeserver sub-forum.

Archived