Garage Door Controller In Home Assistant

dbuss

I have a Z-Wave garage door controller and the MyQ nodeserver to control my garage door in my ISY. Both work fine in ISY. They both show up in Home Assistant. However, only the status shows up, I am unable to open or close the garage door from Home Assistant. Other Z-Wave devices are working as expected in Home Assistant. Any ideas on how to get the garage door issue resolved are appreciated. Thank you!

Just now, asbril said:

While I have my MyQ garage in Home Assistant I had never used HA for this before.  To check your issue I tried and it works fine for me. Maybe delete from HA and add it again.

Thank you for this information @asbril.

Is MyQ able to control the doors?  do you have the MyQ Integration installed?   If so add them as type cover. entities:

type: entities
    entities:
      - entity: cover.door1
      - entity: cover.door2
      - entity: cover.door3
      - entity: cover.door4

image.png.1aaa1ed91320634c53fd819f9acece04.png

I stopped using the MyQ nodeserver, and just switched to the HA integration since I didn't have any ISY programs actually using the data from the nodeserver.   The doors themselves also have an Insteon open/close sensor that predated MyQ, so the ISY knows the state of the door, but can't currently directly control it.  I'm getting ready to use an integer variable to push a command to HA for the barn door, but I haven't actually done it yet. (My wife actually requested an automation that I hadn't thought of yet.)

3 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Is MyQ able to control the doors?  do you have the MyQ Integration installed?   If so add them as type cover. entities:

type: entities
    entities:
      - entity: cover.door1
      - entity: cover.door2
      - entity: cover.door3
      - entity: cover.door4

image.png.1aaa1ed91320634c53fd819f9acece04.png

I stopped using the MyQ nodeserver, and just switched to the HA integration since I didn't have any ISY programs actually using the data from the nodeserver.   The doors themselves also have an Insteon open/close sensor that predated MyQ, so the ISY knows the state of the door, but can't currently directly control it.  I'm getting ready to use an integer variable to push a command to HA for the barn door, but I haven't actually done it yet. (My wife actually requested an automation that I hadn't thought of yet.)

Hi @MrBillI am able to control my garage door with the MyQ nodeserver and/or the GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener through my ISY. I use the GoControl for ISY programs.

I appreciate this information and will try it tonight. Thank you!

1 minute ago, dbuss said:

Hi @MrBillI am able to control my garage door with the MyQ nodeserver and/or the GoControl/Linear GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Garage Door Opener through my ISY. I use the GoControl for ISY programs.

Since MyQ forces 3rd parties to poll the API, if you add the HA integration for MyQ I would delete the ISY NodeServer.  That should be fine for you because you can use GoControl/Linear from the ISY.  If moving MyQ leaves the ISY not knowing the state of the garage door, I can help you solve that.  Polling the API generates lots of API traffic, they should have designed it a better way but they didn't.  6 months to a year ago they were trying to block the polling, but they might have given up.  If you double up on the traffic that your account creates you might cause your myQ account to get noticed.

1 hour ago, dbuss said:

I got it working. Thank you, @MrBill!

Archived