Weird behavior after multiple power outages... any help appreciated where to look.

bfish

I was away on vacation last week, and we had numerous storms that caused several power outages.  We have a whole house generator, and I have my entire network (Including ISY994i but EXCLUDING PLM) on a UPS.  I didn't change anything in ISY the week before vacation.  Upon return one of the buttons in an 8 button box that usually turns on/off my LIFX desk lamp (via Polyglot v2 on an RPi) wasn't working, so I logged into the RPi/Polyglot and an upgrade was offered for Polyglot to 2.2.11 which I activated.  That evening, none of my normal on/off programs for various lights ran.  Finally, I can still turn everything on/off manually through Agave app on my phone and via Alexa.  (So I'm assuming the PLM is OK.)

Now, I can access Admin console ONLY through http, not https as I always had previously.  Once in I can control lights manually from Admin Console BUT no programs run on schedule. I also tried to "Run Then" via Programs tab, but no luck.  Each time I enter the admin console, it starts the "System Busy"  "Please do not power off/unplug the system or make adjustments..."  When it reaches part way through, it gives me a login screen and says the ISY has been rebooted.

I'm not finding any forum entries that point me in any specific direction.  

I am  on v. 5.0.16C

Any help on what to explore would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance

UPDATE 10 minutes later:  For the first time the system busy finished.  When I tried to run a "Run Then" I get this error:

image.png.667c0e5403ed0df8eecff7205a9571f1.png

I was away on vacation last week, and we had numerous storms that caused several power outages.  We have a whole house generator, and I have my entire network (Including ISY994i but EXCLUDING PLM) on a UPS.  I didn't change anything in ISY the week before vacation.  Upon return one of the buttons in an 8 button box that usually turns on/off my LIFX desk lamp (via Polyglot v2 on an RPi) wasn't working, so I logged into the RPi/Polyglot and an upgrade was offered for Polyglot to 2.2.11 which I activated.  That evening, none of my normal on/off programs for various lights ran.  Finally, I can still turn everything on/off manually through Agave app on my phone and via Alexa.  (So I'm assuming the PLM is OK.)
Now, I can access Admin console ONLY through http, not https as I always had previously.  Once in I can control lights manually from Admin Console BUT no programs run on schedule. I also tried to "Run Then" via Programs tab, but no luck.  Each time I enter the admin console, it starts the "System Busy"  "Please do not power off/unplug the system or make adjustments..."  When it reaches part way through, it gives me a login screen and says the ISY has been rebooted.
I'm not finding any forum entries that point me in any specific direction.  
I am  on v. 5.0.16C
Any help on what to explore would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance
UPDATE 10 minutes later:  For the first time the system busy finished.  When I tried to run a "Run Then" I get this error:
image.png.667c0e5403ed0df8eecff7205a9571f1.png

Some things to consider from my own personal experience with the ISY Series Controller, Polyisy, and 2413S PLM. If there is a power outage you may find not all of the various devices come back on in time or correct sequence.

If any or both are true you can expect to see odd behaviour. If someone / something disconnects the PLM from electrical power more often than not things will be fine. Other times it’s not and the behaviour where a person brings up the ISY / PLM combination in the wrong order is seen.

You’ll see the exact same issue where a ISY hasn’t fully booted up and a Polyisy comes on line and doesn’t see the controller and literally just sits there thinking & waiting.

Also unless you’re using the special firmware that ignores the PLM. Anytime there’s a disconnection a lack of sync can be seen whether it be slow activation to live status updates.

Anytime there is a network outage this too will cause the ISY to declare an error / fault. How fast it recovers depends highly on your internal network, redundancies, and physical topology.

Lastly, don’t ever assume devices on a UPS is going to solve the problem. It comes down to the UPS type: Online, Offline, Line Interactive.

Also whether it provides pure sine wave vs PWM. This of course also doesn’t address if it has AVR and the type of AVR.

Lastly, it’s rare to see many people invest enough money for proper runtime in a UPS system. The primary failures I see in the field are those who fail to properly size based on real validated loads. This is made worse by the lack of real world live testing to fully understand how the system reacts to identify problem issues and implement a long term solve.

Finally, the ultimate fail is ignoring a regular battery replacement cycle instead of EOL use mentality.

Dollars to donuts you may find if you mimic a black out and see & time the whole back up system. You’ll probably see a fault somewhere from unexpected (short) UPS runtime, generator taking longer to spool up, network taking longer to come on line, to dirty power causing mayhem!

Archived