controlling a garage door

wrique

I have the ISY-99i and a smarthome ioclinc on my garage door. The sensor and the relay works great. But the relay is a toggle (i.e. I set it ON and it opens the garage door and push ON again and it closes it).

I would like to have discrete control over the garage door such that if I push an ON button the garage door goes up and if I push an OFF button the door goes down. I tried using the "Momentary A:", "Momentary: Look at sensor" options for the relay/sensor and they didn't work. I also reset my iolinc to factory settings and upgraded my ISY-99i to 2.7.6.

Any ideas?

Hello wrique,

The process I am going to outline below should only be used as test. In 2.7.7/2 release (to be out shortly) there are additional features that will help you with what you need to do but, to use them, you will have to remove IOLinc out of ISY and then link it back in.

Ok, what you need to do is to create a scene with the Relay portion of the sensor as a responder. Then, you would need to make two of your KPL buttons to act as non-toggle (click on any of the KPL nodes and then click on Buttons Toggle button). Make one Toggle-On and the other Toggle-Off. Then, you would want to add these two buttons in the scene as controllers.

With kind regards,

Michel

I've got it upgraded to 2.7.7. Anything I should try?

Archived