Insteon thermostat 2441TH / Heat Pump

Gabriel

Hello.

I’m trying to wire my Insteon 2441TH thermostat to the heat pump unit in my apartment.

After trying to wire it with no success (ac turned on but was blowing hot air) I read that’s not possible using the 2441TH.

But what if I wire only the cold air to the thermostat (I live in South Florida, no need to hot air here).

Is that something possible to do?

My current wiring diagram for the normal thermostat that’s currently installed is:

Thermostat         |  Heat pump

Rc jumped to Rh | R

W jumped to Y | Y

O | O

G | G

Common wire is there but currently not being used

Hello.

8 hours ago, larryllix said:

What real thermostat was running the heat pump before?

Did you mark down the wire colours and connected terminal markings before you removed it?

The thermostat is a Pro1 t701. I did mark all the wires connected to the thermostat before I removed.

7 hours ago, Brian H said:

At the least. You will have to provide the C Common power connection. To power the 4411TH.

4 hours ago, MrBill said:

You'll also need to check the other end inside the heat pump.  It's normal to hook up neither end with older thermostats, Common was never needed are rarely hooked up at the equipment end.

I do have the Common coming from heat pump. It wasn't not connected to old thermostat but wire turns on the new one.

I could power on Insteon thermostat, can control the fan. Only thing I'm having issues is to make it to blow cold air.

That's the old / new wiring I tried.

Old Thermostat         |  Heat pump | Insteon Thermostat

Rc jumped to Rh       | R                    | 24RH

W jumped to Y          | Y                    | Y1

O                               | O                    | Tried either W1 or left unplugged

G                               | G                    |  G

------                        | C                    |  C

Wiring like that blows hot air instead of cold

Hello.
I do have the Common coming from heat pump. It wasn't not connected to old thermostat but wire turns on the new one.

I could power on Insteon thermostat, can control the fan. Only thing I'm having issues is to make it to blow cold air.

That's the old / new wiring I tried.

Old Thermostat         |  Heat pump | Insteon Thermostat

Rc jumped to Rh       | R                    | 24RH

W jumped to Y          | Y                    | Y1

O                               | O                    | Tried either W1 or left unplugged

G                               | G                    |  G

------                        | C                    |  C

Wiring like that blows hot air instead of cold

Don't quote me but IIRC the O wire controls the direction of the valves for cooling or heating.

You may need to reverse the logic polarity of the contact open/close.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, hart2hart said:

See page 13 of following manual on how to set reversing valve mode between O/B so it will cool.

http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2732-xx2-en.pdf

Thank you, but my thermostat is the one on page 12, so it doesn’t even have that option to reverse O/B

6 hours ago, larryllix said:

Don't quote me but IIRC the O wire controls the direction of the valves for cooling or heating.

You may need to reverse the logic polarity of the contact open/close.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Brian H said:

I agree with larryllix. The O is probably the reversing valve and it is being set to the heat position.

So, I endup wiring O wire connected to Y1, G wire jumped to Y wire connected to G and W1 and now it’s blowing cold air (I’m pretty sure I won’t have hot air, which again, it’s fine).

Everything seems to be working good now. Hopefully it won’t damage my A/C circuit somehow.

Thank you all! :D

Archived