Alexa and Wireless tags announcements

Ajax

OK so I have been searching but dont seem to find what I am looking for. SO for years I have had the wireless tags by themselves working great! Well I have been getting a notifications my batteries are dying and havent had a chance to replace one of them in my freezers....the freezer by kids store their popsicles in. So of course they left the door open a sliver and thawed everything.

My wife blames me since I did not switch the batteries out! Well I would like to tie the tags in with Alexa. I have tried my Polisy but cannot get all my tags to show in AC. I have installed the Skill in Alexa but cannot see the tags listed as a smart device so I cannot trigger anything. I can ask the status but that is it.

I would like it announce if the temp is outside the limits, door is open to long, or battery is dead, that way my wife will be in the loop as well and cant use me as the scape goat.

Are there an EASY way to accomplish this?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

OK so I have been searching but dont seem to find what I am looking for. SO for years I have had the wireless tags by themselves working great! Well I have been getting a notifications my batteries are dying and havent had a chance to replace one of them in my freezers....the freezer by kids store their popsicles in. So of course they left the door open a sliver and thawed everything.

My wife blames me since I did not switch the batteries out! Well I would like to tie the tags in with Alexa. I have tried my Polisy but cannot get all my tags to show in AC. I have installed the Skill in Alexa but cannot see the tags listed as a smart device so I cannot trigger anything. I can ask the status but that is it.

I would like it announce if the temp is outside the limits, door is open to long, or battery is dead, that way my wife will be in the loop as well and cant use me as the scape goat.

Are there an EASY way to accomplish this?

Thanks

First you must install the Wireless Tags Node server or install a kumoApp to inject values into your State Variable in ISY.
Once you have the parameters in your ISY you can write a program to monitor changes and then trigger another State Variable on and then off (1, 0)
In your ISY Portal you can then create pseudo Motion Detector, specifying 1 value for On, and 0 for Off.

Lastly you can enter your mobile phone Amazon Alexa app and create a routines using your pseudo MS as the trigger and then using a preset spoken phrase on the Alexa speaker(s) of your choice.

51 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Larryllix that is what I am struggling with a while ago with the node server. Never got it resolved. Here is a link to the issues: https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/32266-nodes-not-created-for-my-tags/

You should have continued to reply in that thread.  Jimbo is the developer of the nodeserver... you had his attention, probably still do.  In general he's very responsive and provides very good support for his nodeservers, he will look at your logs if you PM him the nodeserver log.

55 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Larryllix that is what I am struggling with a while ago with the node server. Never got it resolved. Here is a link to the issues: https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/32266-nodes-not-created-for-my-tags/

I don't use the Tag NS so I would not be much help.

However Jimbo was working with you in that thread and you never responded back again.
You would do much better to include some quoted text or add the @ ping method to your posts to get the person's attention. I just happened to read this thread but had no attention-getter to flag my attention.

21 minutes ago, Ajax said:

@MrBill OK went ahead and replied to that thread, reason I havent, I thought I could tackle this question a different way. Thanks for the hint @larryllix

to get the @ tags to work for notification you need to select the name from the popup menu as you're typing so that it forms a tag like this: @Ajax

Archived