ISY Programs Plus Folder Limits

LarryCRetired

With the advent of Node Servers and the great things one can do, I am approaching 1,000 Programs Plus Folders in the ISY.  I seem to remember a forum discussion, which I cannot find, that indicated the number of Programs and Folders are not limited to 1,000 anymore.

If that is the case, does anyone know the new limit if there is one.  I suspect the limit may be based on how complicated some of the programs are. 

Thank you.

30 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

Hello,

The maximum number of programs + folders is 2048, and the maximum number of conditions/actions for all programs combined is roughly 10000-12000 (this can vary depending on type of conditions/actions used).

Wow

37 minutes ago, Chris Jahn said:

Hello,

The maximum number of programs + folders is 2048, and the maximum number of conditions/actions for all programs combined is roughly 10000-12000 (this can vary depending on type of conditions/actions used).

bookmarked!

Agree with @asbril as well... 2048 is double the number I thought that it was

20 minutes ago, asbril said:

I guess that I am a baby user and still have plenty capacity to grow

Mines not a lot different that yours:

image.png.a8eb56f17ea1835e6e8e32be903c148e.png

I had a several hundred more programs at one point, but after learning more about how things worked I knocked a few hundred off programs off the count and cut state variables in half.

5 minutes ago, MrBill said:

I had a several hundred more programs at one point, but after learning more about how things worked I knocked a few hundred off programs off the count and cut state variables in half.

When Michel has the get-together in LA (when ISY on Polisy is complete with PG3), I hope you will come and teach me a few tricks :-) 

Chris, thank you very much for defining what the limits are.  Feel much better as I continue to find Node Servers to add.

@asbriland @MrBill

Although I have both of you beat, it might mean I need to be more efficient in my programming.  With what Chris told us, I am going to have to look at some of my programs.  I have many that have 10 or more conditions/actions in them.

image.thumb.png.e82a9abe4ce6c467b5fe0d62bdef2eb2.png

4 hours ago, MrBill said:

How does one create the report, I can't find the option

Archived