I’m considering solar panels for my home

someguy

I’m considering solar panels for my home. Is there a preferable type of inverter.  I would like to have as clean of power signal as possible for Insteon signals.  Is this a reasonable concern or do power inverters make fairly clean power and I should not worry about this?

are there other concerns that I should consider when researching a solar system for my Insteon enabled home?

I’m considering solar panels for my home. Is there a preferable type of inverter.  I would like to have as clean of power signal as possible for Insteon signals.  Is this a reasonable concern or do power inverters make fairly clean power and I should not worry about this?
are there other concerns that I should consider when researching a solar system for my Insteon enabled home?
As a hobby, it is very cool but the likelihood of getting some free energy is quite remote.
I have about $35k into my system and the $50 per month break on my bills during about 8 summer months will never give me any breaks in my lifetime. default_sad.png

In 15 years spent about ,,$2500 on batteries, $25k on inverter replacements.

Outback equipment is well recognized and their Mate box can provide all stats into ISY. I have written software to scrape values from the Mate interface box into ISY, if you get into it.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

I have an Enphase solar system.  Installed cost about $35K after tax credits (I live in Oregon).  Payback on the system given current production will be about 8-9 years.  It is a kick to watch the meter sending power back to PGE in the summer when the air conditioning is running.  I have around 160 Insteon devices in the home and the solar system has not created any hiccups (as opposed to the oven, dishwasher etc.)  The solar system uses powerline communications and there has been no interference either way.  Very nice monitoring of the system from a web page with reports and graphs for any time period and there is an excellent plugin for Homeseer.

Archived