Sensors stop working

hchain

ALL the sensors in my home stopped working overnight. Everything else is working fine.

Equipment affected: Motion sensors (2842), Open/Close sensors (2843), I/O Linc (2450, the sensors only, the relays are working fine).

I use some I/O Linc to open/close the garage doors. The sensors still show correctly on the KeypadLincs (2487) but these are connected with scenes, not through the ISY.

I use some other I/O Linc to control the sprinklers (with the relays) and to monitor the working status of my AC units (with the sensors). These sensors don't work either.

This afternoon, I "Restore Device" on one Motion sensor, one Open/Close sensor, and two I/O Linc: They work fine again.

Any idea what may have happened? I guess I have to restore each of them.

RV  

ALL the sensors in my home stopped working overnight. Everything else is working fine.
Equipment affected: Motion sensors (2842), Open/Close sensors (2843), I/O Linc (2450, the sensors only, the relays are working fine).
I use some I/O Linc to open/close the garage doors. The sensors still show correctly on the KeypadLincs (2487) but these are connected with scenes, not through the ISY.
I use some other I/O Linc to control the sprinklers (with the relays) and to monitor the working status of my AC units (with the sensors). These sensors don't work either.
This afternoon, I "Restore Device" on one Motion sensor, one Open/Close sensor, and two I/O Linc: They work fine again.
Any idea what may have happened? I guess I have to restore each of them.
RV  
That sounds use you moved or lost the dual band device that was receiving the rf signals from your battery operated devices, and/or got some new line noise blocking your powerline only devices, like IOlincs.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

The battery operated are all over the house. Would they go through a single device? And nothing else stopped working so I can’t see what device I lost. Plus all battery operated and power line only devices stopped working at the same time. 

4 hours ago, hchain said:

The battery operated are all over the house. Would they go through a single device? And nothing else stopped working so I can’t see what device I lost. Plus all battery operated and power line only devices stopped working at the same time. 

Battery operated devices will echo through any dual band Insteon device they can find, but typically the device must be within about 20-30 feet. YMMV.

If you have a spare dual-band plug-in module you could try plugging it in in various receptacles close to your battery devices and see if a restore can allow them to be controlled again. You may just have something creating a huge RF noise in your home that jamms all the signals.

I don't follow. Each device starts working again after it has been restored. If a device had been lost or an interference created somehow somewhere, simply restoring a given device would not restore that lost one or eliminate that interference. And if it did, all devices would be working again, not just some, since the cause affected all the devices at the same time. I don't think it's something physical. 

Archived