Setting Parameters on Zooz ZSE18 Motion Sensor

Old Surfer Dude

I was having a heck of time with this.  Z-Wave in general wasn't working as expected.  I did three things: updated to 5.3.4, ensured that Java was up to date, and cleared the Java cache.

Now I needed a way to consistently set the parameters.  There are, hopefully, better ways but this worked for me:

In the UD admin console, Main tab, in the ISY section 
1. Right click the ZSE18 motion sensor entry.
2. Click on Z-Wave
3. Click on Set Configuration Parameter
4. Enter the Parameter Number (e.g. 18)
5. Enter the parameter size (see documentation that came with the device) 1, 2 or 4 bytes
    e.g. parameter 18 is 2 bytes
6. Enter the value
    e.g. values for parameter 18 are 3-65548, value+3 equals number of seconds, a value of 42 would be 45 seconds
7. Open the device by twisting the two halves counterclockwise, about 15°, and pull the halves apart.
8. Click on the set button of the dialog box, immediately followed by pressing and holding for 5 seconds the Z-Wave button* of the device. (Manual wake-up mode)
9. The blue light on the device will start to flash after 5 seconds.  Release Z-Wave button. (you may get error messages, which you can ignore.)
10. Click on close.

*The Z-Wave button is the button bellow the battery (the only button).

I agree, it's dumber than dirt, but if you have a better way that works consistently, put it here.

9 hours ago, Old Surfer Dude said:

I was having a heck of time with this.  Z-Wave in general wasn't working as expected.  I did three things: updated to 5.3.4, ensured that Java was up to date, and cleared the Java cache.

Now I needed a way to consistently set the parameters.  There are, hopefully, better ways but this worked for me:

In the UD admin console, Main tab, in the ISY section 
1. Right click the ZSE18 motion sensor entry.
2. Click on Z-Wave
3. Click on Set Configuration Parameter
4. Enter the Parameter Number (e.g. 18)
5. Enter the parameter size (see documentation that came with the device) 1, 2 or 4 bytes
    e.g. parameter 18 is 2 bytes
6. Enter the value
    e.g. values for parameter 18 are 3-65548, value+3 equals number of seconds, a value of 42 would be 45 seconds
7. Open the device by twisting the two halves counterclockwise, about 15°, and pull the halves apart.
8. Click on the set button of the dialog box, immediately followed by pressing and holding for 5 seconds the Z-Wave button* of the device. (Manual wake-up mode)
9. The blue light on the device will start to flash after 5 seconds.  Release Z-Wave button. (you may get error messages, which you can ignore.)
10. Click on close.

*The Z-Wave button is the button bellow the battery (the only button).

I agree, it's dumber than dirt, but if you have a better way that works consistently, put it here.

Unfortunately that's how you update parameters

• 4 weeks later...

Archived