ILinc Pro really slow for me.

Steve Sullivan

Hi,

I've had Ilinc pro 2.10 on iPhone 3.1.2 for a while. Its always been really, really slow. I tried connecting both locally and from outside. The app gets unresponsive after a page change. Waits of 20-25 seconds are the norm for a page change for me.

I'm wondering what might be the cause or what I can try to fix it.

I think the app has a great layout and offers a ton but I can't use it the way it currently behaves.

I haven't seen any complaints like mine so there must be something wrong on my end.

The normal ISY99 webpage from a PC and the iphone is speedy with no issue.

Thanks

Hi,

I share the same problem. The previous version of ILinc Pro was faster. I think this is related to the number of devices while ILinc Pro is reading the actual status of each devices.

I am running version 2.7.6 with about 80 devices, 372 links in the PLM, 55 scenes, 150 programs, climate and networking modules.

RLa

Allow me to add a "me too" on my iPhone 3G running 3.1.2. I also see an unacceptable number of app crashes from iLinc, more than any other app on my phone. I've all but stopped using it...

Hi,

I've had Ilinc pro 2.10 on iPhone 3.1.2 for a while. Its always been really, really slow. I tried connecting both locally and from outside. The app gets unresponsive after a page change. Waits of 20-25 seconds are the norm for a page change for me.

I'm wondering what might be the cause or what I can try to fix it.

I think the app has a great layout and offers a ton but I can't use it the way it currently behaves.

I haven't seen any complaints like mine so there must be something wrong on my end.

The normal ISY99 webpage from a PC and the iphone is speedy with no issue.

Thanks

Hi all,

Wow, this topic had several hits on it today. I strongly suspect the speed problem is due to the large number of programs that iLinc is parsing when starting up. I've since changed how iLinc starts by multi-threading the startup process to spin off working on parsing the program list and device status list among other performace/crash tweaks. In contrast, the official version 2.10 executes virtually all operations in serial.

If you are interested, please send me your UDID number and an iLinc home page screenshot using the Wood Grain background and I'll send you the 2.11 version I've been testing that addresses these performance items.

The UDID can be found by connecting your device to iTunes, clicking on Serial Number to change it to the UDID number.

Since I'm limited on the number of devices I can add as "beta tester" devices, I'll need to limit the responses to ResIpsa, Steve, rlav and maybe a few others. Thank you for your understanding.

Wes

wes@mobileintegratedsolutions.com

Hi all,

I would like to add that 2.7.6 and below did in fact have issues with HTTPS handling. So, I do strongly recommend upgrading to 2.7.7 or 2.7.8.

With kind regards,

Michel

Please see this thread:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=3748

Could 2.7.8 have a bug related to SSL certificates?

Can anyone verify they are able to use iLinc Pro to talk to an ISY running 2.7.8 off their local network?

I have another ISY that I am taking to another site in the next day or two, and will update to 2.7.8 and see what happens....

No issues here connecting via HTTPS over 3G using ISY firmware 2.7.8 and iLinc 2.10.

While iLinc is sluggish when first launched while it (I assumed) connected to the ISY and populated its device list and statuses, performance is good after 30-60 seconds.

Thank you Wes. I just had a few minutes to get back to this. I'll be sending the info to you shortly.

Just to add some supporting info. Although upon startup there is a delay, for me the sluggishness continues. It'll work really well for a minute then just bog down. I'm not sure how often the programs are parsed but I can leave Ilinc open for quite a while and it makes no difference.

I look forward to the beta and thank you for the response.

Steve

Hi all,

Wow, this topic had several hits on it today. I strongly suspect the speed problem is due to the large number of programs that iLinc is parsing when starting up. I've since changed how iLinc starts by multi-threading the startup process to spin off working on parsing the program list and device status list among other performace/crash tweaks. In contrast, the official version 2.10 executes virtually all operations in serial.

If you are interested, please send me your UDID number and an iLinc home page screenshot using the Wood Grain background and I'll send you the 2.11 version I've been testing that addresses these performance items.

The UDID can be found by connecting your device to iTunes, clicking on Serial Number to change it to the UDID number.

Since I'm limited on the number of devices I can add as "beta tester" devices, I'll need to limit the responses to ResIpsa, Steve, rlav and maybe a few others. Thank you for your understanding.

Wes

wes@mobileintegratedsolutions.com

Hi Steve,

The new beta version also added multithreading to status updates and program refreshes. In version 2.10, if iLinc was getting bogged down in a high number of program status updates (I can see this hapening with >100 programs) it would serialize the program refresh causing the GUI to become sluggish.

Wes

Makes sense to me now.

I just sent along the info.

thx

Hi Steve,

The new beta version also added multithreading to status updates and program refreshes. In version 2.10, if iLinc was getting bogged down in a high number of program status updates (I can see this hapening with >100 programs) it would serialize the program refresh causing the GUI to become sluggish.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived