ISY on Polisy support?

jec6613

6 hours ago, asbril said:

What is the remaining advantage of Agave over UD Mobile ? I find the latter very efficient.

I moved to UD Mobile from Agave some time ago when I couldn't get support for restoring on my phone.

Like @asbril I've been very pleased with UD Mobile and it's continuing to be developed!

16 hours ago, jec6613 said:

It's more "Dumb."  I can use UD Mobile just fine, but for my spouse, not so much, definitely needs Agave.

I am not familiar with Agave. I beleve that it is/was limited to Android and I am IOS. As far as UD Mobile, I use the Favorites tab and it can be set to be as simple or detailed as preferred. I used Mobilinc in the past but dropped it with pleasure when UD Mobile came along.  The latest version of Mobilinc  "X" was in fact  a regression compared to the previous "Pro" version.

On the other hand, I envy you that your spouse even uses her phone to control lights. Mine limits herself to instruct Alexa to open curtains or more often just to instruct me?

13 hours ago, asbril said:

I am not familiar with Agave. I beleve that it is/was limited to Android and I am IOS. As far as UD Mobile, I use the Favorites tab and it can be set to be as simple or detailed as preferred. I used Mobilinc in the past but dropped it with pleasure when UD Mobile came along.  The latest version of Mobilinc  "X" was in fact  a regression compared to the previous "Pro" version.

On the other hand, I envy you that your spouse even uses her phone to control lights. Mine limits herself to instruct Alexa to open curtains or more often just instruct me?

It is both Android and iOS.  The favorites tab is fine, and Agave has similar functionality, but there comes a limit when there are 30-ish devices that want for manual control periodically on a relatively small display, and want the controls and indications to be as simple as a light switch.  UD Mobile just isn't there yet, it has too many features. :)

2 hours ago, jec6613 said:

It is both Android and iOS.  The favorites tab is fine, and Agave has similar functionality, but there comes a limit when there are 30-ish devices that want for manual control periodically on a relatively small display, and want the controls and indications to be as simple as a light switch.  UD Mobile just isn't there yet, it has too many features. :)

I put all devices in Scenes per room and added these Scenes to Favorites tab of UD Mobile. Now the favorites tab show me %  of On  for each room. If I want to adjust a device in a room, I click on the right side of  the scene (room).

I am not judging Agave because I have never used it, but explaining how I use UD Mobile and why I like it.

• 1 month later...

I am sorry I have not responded to this.  I have not seen any notifications in my email.  I unfortunately never acquired a Polisy so I have not been able to test on it.  I was informed they would act the same as the ISY so I can not say why it would not be connecting. 

Archived