OpenSprinkler works great! Thanks!

I happen to have an OpenSprinkler I purchased a couple years ago when my EZ-Flora died. So far it has worked fine as standalone but was surprised to see it in the store here!

Since it is winter here up in Canada and cannot actually test it by watering the lawn, I can only test using the web UI response and seems to be working.

Some minor quirks I notice...

If I turn on multiple stations too quickly in a program, instead of the open sprinkler queueing them, it seems to have more than one of the stations enabled on simultaneously - sometimes I have seen a couple, other times I have seen four on at once, which is not possible to do normally and it should normally queue them to run after each prior one is finished. I have worked around this by putting a wait of 5 seconds between each station on command in ISY program.

Other thing is I named one of my stations "Front Lawn/Side Lawn" and ISY does not show this station with  the "/" slash character. I think I have seen this before in other node servers but I would suggest to replace the / with whitespace or some other character depending on what the actual reason is. I fixed by renaming the station in open sprinkler without the / and then I had to remove/add the poly for ISY to see.

The good thing about having ISY integration and programs turning on the stations is I can water in different order now. Opensprinkler programs only water in order of the stations 01-08 and cannot have a program that does stations in order 03,06,01,04 for example. I actually rewired mine so it would water lawn in proper physical order.

Edited by brians
add more info

Hi @brians,

Thanks for the feedback!

My main use cases are integration with Flume for broken drip lines which go unnoticed until I see plants in distress and having remote access from ISY Portal and UD Mobile.

This was my first Node Server so I'm sure there will be other issues once the watering season has started.   The multiple statations issue should be reported to OpenSprinkler as that appears to be a firmware issue. I'll try to replicate and report and update the Node Server known issues so users can know they must add a delay in programs. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

@JaviNot sure when it happened but the Opensprinkler Node server seems broken after some update I did.

I do not check on it all the time because we still have snow, but I just noticed that I get a message to Please set or check open sprinkler password and IP Address. I tried removing/adding the Node server and the fields ipaddress and password do not appear as default. I tried adding via custom parameters and still does not work.

Thanks @brians. I'll have to take a look next week sometime, I'm still on 3.0.44 as I need a stable version of PG3 for frontend integration into UD Mobile. I'm saving the upgrade tests for last but should be in the next few business days. What PG3 version are you using?      

Hi @stevehoyt, I'm doing the same as you, it was your idea ?  

I think this was just a case of me forgetting to push fixes to production. Please try version 2022.01.24 when available. There currently appears to be an issue when updating the store, so if the Node Server is missing from the store, try again at a later time.  Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hey @Javi,

Been working great for me since the start.

I'll show you below an oddity.  Notice my station 8 is outside the OpenSprinkler Stations.

I cannot move it back in ; no way ; no how.  Other than deleting the node server and adding it back which seems more effort than its worth.  My OCD is killing me though. :) 

This is NOT a problem, just odd.  Please do not waste any of your time on it, just keep it in the back of your head if you notice something which can cause this on one of your edits.

image.thumb.png.bd44310587e7403579c31a5554803566.png

9 hours ago, sjenkins said:

Hey @Javi,

Been working great for me since the start.

I'll show you below an oddity.  Notice my station 8 is outside the OpenSprinkler Stations.

I cannot move it back in ; no way ; no how.  Other than deleting the node server and adding it back which seems more effort than its worth.  My OCD is killing me though. :) 

This is NOT a problem, just odd.  Please do not waste any of your time on it, just keep it in the back of your head if you notice something which can cause this on one of your edits.

image.thumb.png.bd44310587e7403579c31a5554803566.png

Very odd indeed.

Can you verify un-grouping all stations from the parent node,  then re-group stations has been tried?

• 3 weeks later...