Tried roomba on PG3, log errors

wmcneil

I am running IoP 5.4.0 and PG3 3.0.43. I deleted my PG2 roomba Node server (which was working correctly), restarted PG3, and installed roomba Node server on PG3 in the same slot that it was previously installed on in PG2.  I created the exact same key names and values (I have three roombas) as PG2. Upon starting the roomba Node server, I am getting the following errors in the log:

2022-03-07 09:37:18,418 MainThread udi_interface INFO polylogger:set_basic_config: set_basic_config: enable=True level=30

2022-03-07 09:37:21,039 MainThread udi_interface INFO __init__:<module>: UDI Python Interface for Polyglot version 3 3.0.36 Starting...

2022-03-07 09:37:21,368 MainThread udi_interface.interface INFO interface:__init__: Initialization received from Polyglot V3 3.0.43 [ISY: 5.4.0, Slot: 3]

2022-03-07 09:37:21,370 MainThread udi_interface.interface INFO interface:__init__: Connect: Network Interface: {'addr': '10.55.83.193', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0', 'broadcast': '10.55.83.255'}

2022-03-07 09:37:21,373 Interface udi_interface.interface INFO interface:_startMqtt: Connecting to MQTT... localhost:1888

2022-03-07 09:37:21,383 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: Traceback (most recent call last):

2022-03-07 09:37:21,384 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: File "./roomba-poly.py", line 885, in <module>

2022-03-07 09:37:21,389 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: control = Controller(polyglot)

2022-03-07 09:37:21,390 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: NameError

2022-03-07 09:37:21,391 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: :

2022-03-07 09:37:21,391 MainThread udi_interface ERROR udi_interface:write: name 'Controller' is not defined 

Try restarting now. It auto update to version 2.0.1 of the roomba node server.

This version is configured differently from the PG2 version.  When it starts, it will search for Roomba's on your network and then prompt you to press and hold the home button of each to connect them.

1 hour ago, bpwwer said:

Try restarting now. It auto update to version 2.0.1 of the roomba node server.

This version is configured differently from the PG2 version.  When it starts, it will search for Roomba's on your network and then prompt you to press and hold the home button of each to connect them.

I have three roomba vacuums. A 980, a 960, and a i7+ . I have tried several iterations of deleting the PG3 Roomba Node server, and then installing it again. On every iteration, after the Node server starts up for the first time, it displays the message asking me to press the home button on the 980, and once I do so (and release it), it displays The "initializing connection ....", and then appears to install the 980 roomba correctly. On one of the iterations, I think it did ask me (on its own) to press the home button on the 960, but then after the 960 was added, never asked me about the i7+ . On most iterations, after the 980 is installed, it never asks me about the 960 or the i7+ . In this case, if I press the Discover button, it starts over again asking me to press the home button on the 980. So it seems the Node server is not aware of all of my roombas. I have attached the log file package from an iteration where the 980 appeared to be added successfully, and it never asked me about either of the other two Roombas. 

Roomba_3-7-2022_15413_PM.zip

15 hours ago, bpwwer said:

Try version 2.0.2

I only have one Roomba so I'm not able to test if it works with multiple.  

I deleted 2.0.1, and installed 2.0.2 .  The Node server asked me to press the home button on the 980(hRoombaBsmnt), when I did so, it then asked me to press the home button on the i7+(hRoomba1stFloor), when I did so, it then asked me to press the home button on the 960(hRoomba2ndFloor), when I did so it then displayed a messager saying it was initializing connection to hRoombaBsmnt, and that message never went away.  I have attached the log.  Note the following error in the log file:

2022-03-08 09:02:14,793 Thread-1   udi_interface      ERROR    roomba:process_q: local variable 'json_data' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/00:0d:b9:53:c6:f0_3/roomba.py", line 666, in process_q
    log_string, json_data = self.decode_payload(msg.topic,msg.payload)
  File "/var/polyglot/pg3/ns/00:0d:b9:53:c6:f0_3/roomba.py", line 1207, in decode_payload
    return formatted_data, dict(json_data)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'json_data' referenced before assignment

Roomba_3-8-2022_90434_AM.zip

That error doesn't seem to be causing the issue.  It looks like it starts waiting for data from the first device and never gets what it's waiting for (but from the log, it looks like the data was sent).  So I'm not sure what is happening yet.

4 hours ago, bpwwer said:

That error doesn't seem to be causing the issue.  It looks like it starts waiting for data from the first device and never gets what it's waiting for (but from the log, it looks like the data was sent).  So I'm not sure what is happening yet.

OK, I know you have a lot going on right now. Thanks for looking into it when you get a chance.

• 1 month later...

The version in the non-production store is the same, I was using it to test auto-update functions which is why it has a different version number.

You can try version 2.0.3 and see if it makes any difference but I don't really think it will.  The code that interacts with the roombas is from an external library and there haven't been any changes to that library since version 2.0.2.

17 hours ago, bpwwer said:

You can try version 2.0.3 and see if it makes any difference but I don't really think it will.  The code that interacts with the roombas is from an external library and there haven't been any changes to that library since version 2.0.2.

I installed 2.0.3 (on PG3 3.0.59), and was prompted to press the home button on my three roombas in turn, after which a message displayed about initializing connection to each of the three roombas in turn. There are now three nodes defined in the Roomba node server, and they are present in the IoP AC (5.4.3) as well. The displayed values in the AC appear correct. 

I did some testing of the start, stop, and dock commands from the AC, and things seem to be working correctly.  

Today the vacuums all started up due to scheduled starts coming from the roomba server (not from the ISY). In the ISY AC, the reported values are not updating (Running shows "Off", State shows "Charging", etc.) even though in the PG3 roomba node server log file I see updates happening from all three vacuums consistent with the fact that they are all currently cleaning. In the AC, I tried a Query, and that had no effect.

Archived