Unable to set "on level" for Insteon dimmer programmatically?

Oakland Jeff

Trying to write a program to set the on level for a bathroom light to 8% at night, and 40% during the day for when I physically use the paddle. I don't see "on level" as a choice in my drop down list for Your Devices with my switch selected. I also see old posts from 7 years ago showing pictures of "on level" being in the list!! Where did it go? How do I currently accomplish this? Seems simple but I'm baffled. Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, Oakland Jeff said:

I don't see "on level" as a choice in my drop down list for Your Devices with my switch selected.

I recall this option being under the "scene" action, rather than individual device.  This action has definitely changed over the years and software builds.

TLDR; The On Level showed up mysteriously! Thank you for your responses!

How and why? I don't know. Here are the things that happened this morning prior to it working...

1. I clicked on my shortcut to launch the admin console. I got an error about the file not being found or something. I navigated to the Start.jnlp file instead and launched it. I had been using Start.jnlp the whole time prior to today, but last night I created a shortcut to admin.jnlp and was going to try that directly.
  2. I took screen shots of the version numbers and device type, as seen below.
  3. I tried to see if On Level was there for other devices. HA, it WAS.
  4. Thinking that this might be the issue, I went back to the bathroom light and it was there now too!
  5. I noticed that the last 4 actions on that list though, including On Level, were now different. They used to be all about setting temperatures, as if my switch was a thermostat? But now all the actions in the list are relevant to a light switch!

Is there some cache that I should have cleared or something that may have cause the ISY to get confused about what type of device it was working with?

2022-03-08 07.39.32.png

2022-03-08 07.40.01.png

Archived