Door Lock entry light Program?

DSpringsteen

Hello ISY programmers,
Before I updated my Z wave dongle to the current version this program would turn the light on then turn it off regardless of door lock status.
Now with the new dongle  I unlock the door the light comes on and if I lock the door when I get inside the program stops and the light stays on.
If I open the door and leave it unlocked the program completes and the light goes off.
How can I get this to work if we lock the door after we get inside?
Suggestions appreciated.
Thank you,

door lock program.PNG

7 hours ago, DSpringsteen said:

Hello ISY programmers,
Before I updated my Z wave dongle to the current version this program would turn the light on then turn it off regardless of door lock status.
Now with the new dongle  I unlock the door the light comes on and if I lock the door when I get inside the program stops and the light stays on.
If I open the door and leave it unlocked the program completes and the light goes off.
How can I get this to work if we lock the door after we get inside?
Suggestions appreciated.
Thank you,

door lock program.PNG

That's because your program reevaluates the if during the wait. When you lock the door, it's no longer unlocked so the program stops running and the light stays on. 

I typically separate my off programs from my on program so that i have additional flexibility but you can accomplish your task with 1 program.

If time is x and (door is unlocked and door is not locked)

Then do what you said

or else 

Wait 20sec turn off light

12 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

That's because your program reevaluates the if during the wait. When you lock the door, it's no longer unlocked so the program stops running and the light stays on. 

I typically separate my off programs from my on program so that i have additional flexibility but you can accomplish your task with 1 program.

If time is x and (door is unlocked and door is not locked)

Then do what you said

or else 

Wait 20sec turn off light

lilyoyo1,

Thank you very much for the reply. I knew what was happening I was just trying to solve it in 1 program. I fixed the programming this morning using 2 programs and it works perfectly.

Thank you,

David

Archived