Trouble communicating with devices?

I'm having trouble communicating with several Insteon devices. I currently have 30 Insteon devices as part of my home lighting network, but I'm having trouble with these three:

LampLinc (2456D3) v.28

LampLinc (2456D3) v.33

SwitchLinc Dimmer (2476D) v.27

At first I thought it was my PLM or ISY-26, now I'm not sure what the problem is, but it seems rather strange that all three devices would fail at once. Each time I try to modify one of the devices settings using UD's Administrative Console version 2.7.9, I receive a "Request Failed" error message. Any idea of what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Kelly

Okay, this is weird. I just tried updating the devices in question on another Mac, which hasn't run the UD software before, and they updated fine. I thought I had cleared the JAVA cache on my primary Mac, but perhaps not. What else would account for such odd behavior?

Hi again,

Clearing Java cache on MAC usually requires a reboot:

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Java_Cache

Please try and let me know.

With kind regards,

Michel

Okay, this is weird. I just tried updating the devices in question on another Mac, which hasn't run the UD software before, and they updated fine. I thought I had cleared the JAVA cache on my primary Mac, but perhaps not. What else would account for such odd behavior?

Archived