Fanlinc program and alexa voice commands

xgfreon

Is anyone using alexa to bring on the ceiling fan? I have a voice command for 'turn on ceiling fan' and have that set to bring scene fanMed to on. but when i say turn ceiling fan off it will try to turn off scene fanmed rather then turn on scenefanoff and display the proper led's on/off status on the keypad linc.

anyone else have better program/solution they are using?

You need to use a program.  Set the spoken up to activate the THEN or ELSE of a program, and have the program turn on the correct scene.

First add 4 programs for high, med, low, and off.  You can leave the IF blank, for High, Med, Low add a line to the THEN block to turn on the correct scene.  For the off function add a line to the ELSE block to turn ON the OFF scene.

Then in the portal spokens choose "Program"

image.png.fb9c843c4e1b8181723337da729b62a4.png

For the Alexa Category on the next dialog pick "switch".   You need to add 4 of these... pointing to each of the 4 programs created above.

This worked, thank you.

while I have your attention I have another question regarding setting up  the keypadlinc with fanlinc.

I noticed that you can assign the on/off of the responders from the root scene menu and also from the controllers menu. 

which one do you actually need to setup for the status lights to turn on /off properly?

I keep having to fiddle with them and eventually set them both up to mirror each other but was'nt sure if I only needed to mess with the controller's options.

fanlinc1.png

fanlinc2.png

3 hours ago, xgfreon said:

which one do you actually need to setup for the status lights to turn on /off properly?

Both.   The settings for the root of the scene is what happens when the ISY (and anything that uses the ISY as a controller such as Alexa).  The settings for the controller are what happens when the controller button is pressed.

Let's use a different example to understand.  imagine a kitchen light, 2 switches one at each end of the kitchen.  Both of those switches would be scene controllers.  You might also program Alexa via the ISY.   The kitchen light could be programed to turn on full from one controller, turn on to 50% from the other controller, and turn on to 10% if the ISY/Alexa turned the scene on.   It's really very powerful... you can set the scene up differently for each controller.

Archived