Everything posted by Geddy
-
Need help on Update Process
@StangManD please open a support ticket if still having issues. Unsure of the z-wave problem so can't help there. As for accessing the :3000 polyglot page, that's probably by design as UD has suggested not using that for sometime now. It is/was causing issues with how plugins are licensed and connecting/controlling under the hood. The only way (or suggested way) to use polyglot is through the eisy_ui interface. I wouldn't try to use the 3000 port connection beyond this point. If there's something specific you need to do perhaps in your support ticket UD can help you with alternative option(s). https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/
-
Eisy Upgrade Question - is now the time? V5.9.1
I think most have had success updating. If not then support is there to get things running correctly again. I think the issue becomes NOT upgrading and falling even further behind. Starting to see some issues and comments in the release that older versions might brick or be much more difficult to update as the underlying operating system is updating and the IoX firmware and Plugin structure is updating. I think the key thing is do you have the time to put into updating it now or risk having a faiure down the road and being so far behind that it's near impossible to get things running correctly again. Since you rely on the eisy and home assistant know that there is always added risk with systems talking to one another. While UD has done a good job in getting their equipment and systems running well it's up to the community to help if you have issues reconnecting different automation systems. Since the introduction of the Polisy and now the eisy w/ eisy_ui keeping systems updated is more important than it ever was in the ISY994 (or older) controllers. There is a lot more involved under the hood than just a simple firmware update. I would lean more toward the side of keeping up to date than falling behind. As long as you read the release notes and follow the update process it should be "safe". If not the first step is to open a support ticket with UD (https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/) to get help with the situation. The reason for that is it helps both UD and the user resolve the issue timely and also helps UD see what happened and potentially fix it so others don't run into the same/similar issue in the future. UD is in a period of rapid development so updating now might make it easier to keep updating as the incremental releases are made.
-
Update to EISYUI failed, ticket submitted
@mmb I would suggest keep working on the ticket side. It's just now 8 on the west coast and yesterday was Sunday. Reply to any comments on the ticket. One thing I would not suggest is any SSH commands...since UD specifically said if it doesn't come back up to open a support ticket. At this point random commands trying to figure out what happened or force something could further cause an issue so it's best to work directly with UD to support the situation. It helps UD as well as they might be able to see what happened in the update and could be resolved so others don't have the same issue. If the update suggested that it was done and to reboot then it might be safe to pull the power to the unit and wait ~30 seconds before plugging it back in. But again, I'd strongly encourage waiting for a reply to the support ticket to get further support directly with UD.
-
Version mismatch admin console via icon
@stillwater I don't know for certain, but this might be a move by UD not to update the admin.jnlp file on the device now. Since it will end support for the java version soon. Usually my best way of being sure to have a current version is to download directly from UD's site. What you're doing is downloading the "admin.jnlp" that's specific to your firmware. If UD isn't updating that as the firmware updates then you're best bet is to use the start.jnlp downloaded from UD's site (clicking "My ISY" on the top right of their homepage) or the wiki. When you get the alert that there's a mismatch of firmware it's usually been by not clearing the java cache. That's been the best way to clear it out and download a fresh copy of start.jnlp to have the "IoX Launcher" icon added to your desktop. Admin.jnlp has always bypassed the "launcher" method. That goes back to the ISY994 prior to 5.x firmwares. Admin.jnlp would launch directly to the device. UD developed the "IoX Launcher" so that you wouldn't have to clear tha java cache so frequently when IoX 5.x (previously just ISY firwmare 5.x) was being updated often. Since IoX is being updated often again perhaps UD has quit updating the admin.jnlp file that's stored on the device. If you must use admin consolel I would suggest only using the IoX Launcher method and that's by getting start.jnlp from the UD site(s). As @Guy Lavoie suggests use the "Cloud" option and you won't have to clear tha java cache each time. If you use the "Local" option and there's been an update you might face an issue of the same warning.
-
Dumbing down to Insteon hub at vacation home
@mikewu99 As @Guy Lavoie and @Brian H point out as long as Java works the "old" admin console should remain a viable option for ISY994 users. I believe it states that in the news on UD's site, but I haven't read it in a while to confirm. The issue is the computer OS will be the problem. Apple has already dropped support for Java (I guess....or at least mostly). It's broken as @oberkc points out. I believe the release also implies that Win11 will eventually stop running the Java needed to launch admin console. So your thought of having an alternative way to run Java as it is today to maintain the admin console access might be the best route (certainly the less trouble from starting all over with the hub and adding an annual subscription for that). I think somebody said to get a Win10 machine and just keep it offline and not updating just to have it maintain admin console. I think if you've got enough experience to run a Raspberry Pi you've probably got the ability to keep Java available for a while.
-
Can't login to the eISY
When you're trying to log in does it say provide the portal credentials or the "name of eisy" credentials? It should say one or the other just under the User ID and Password spots. Be sure you're using the correct credentials. If you're just using the device that is automatically found you're probably needing to use the portal credentials. To use the local you'll need to manually add: https://eisy.local:8443/desc (or use the IP of the eisy in place of "eisy.local") When you log in with the port 8443 used it should say "Use your (device name) userid/password". That's where you'd use admin/admin. I don't think clicking the button resets the password anymore. But I forget when that was removed.
-
KeypadLinc LED Failures
@Sparks might be something that would have more direct/broad user by posting on the Insteon forums or contacting Insteon support directly. I've had several keypads that have had keys on 24/7 for over 10 years and no failures. *knock on wood* Perhaps Insteon support even knows if there is a way to replace the LED units and give you further guidance.
-
where do I go to upgrade?
@someguy the thread you linked to here is just a link to the UD news item about the end of the Java Admin Console support. If you're still using ISY994 then you are already using unsuported hardware. Just know that the Java Admin Console will continue to work AS IS, but many/most computer OS are phasing out support for loading Java "apps" like the Admin Console. In the news article it references that macOS will end support (if not already) and that Win11 might also stop loading. So if this impacts you then you need to read it to understand how to handle the ISY994 moving forward. What you linked to here is an entirely different article. It's to a now outdated version for Polisy/eisy firmware. There are links in that post that you would need to follow to read the full details. However, none of that information relates to the ISY994. It is only for Polisy/eisy and is now an outdated firmware version. As @Guy Lavoie points out...yes...this is where you go to read about the latest eisy update. This is entirely different from the first two links you posted. Lastly, you posted this in the ISY994 forum area. This is why I reference the ISY994.
-
Trouble backing up and migrating
For this error you need to clear java cache (one of the issues that's always been a thing). What computer OS are you using? Search "Clear Java Cache" for your specific OS and there should be a page on java.com to tell you how do perform that. Make sure you check all three boxes in the process. (should look similar to this image) What are you migrating from?
-
Need help on Update Process
@StangManD just read through the latest release announcement from UD: https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/46914-os-144-release-is-now-available/ This gives you the information for running backups and the update. Basically - you want to run the latest update from the Java Admin Console....NOT the web UI.
-
Smartwings ZWave shades: Paritally open possible?
@wmcneil I don't have anything like this, but would it be possible to make a program that had a "fade up" then a wait and a "stop fade"? You could time how long it would take to open a certain amount and then set that wait time. Otherwise, would have to hope somebody else has these or other z-wave motor shades to have an idea/option to partially open/close.
-
Program stopped working and now says // Unsupported
Right click on the scene and see if it has "remove from folder" option. I'm not able to log into mine right now to try it, but I think that's an option when an item is nested in a folder. wow...neat ID switch(?)! That's interesting. Is that last line 5116 or 5118? Either way was the 51st week of the year...maybe somebody got "tired" and transposed a number to the label.
-
Program stopped working and now says // Unsupported
Maybe move the scene out of the folder. I'm not sure if that's stopping it or not, but sometimes items inside a folder can't be deleted. I know that goes for using the replace device option. Odd that you have what's printed on the label being a 5, but it added with a 3. I've heard about zeros being Ds or 8s and S being 5, but not 5 to 3. That's due to font issues.
-
IoX 6.1.1 let's discuss it!
I’m good with this. No issues that I know of. Thanks.
-
IoX 6.1.1 let's discuss it!
@Techman thanks for posting the update. I checked mine as well. Yesterday it seemed to be fine, but when I checked was also at high 90%. Just rebooted and it came back down to 12-15%, but now creeping up to 30%. The plugins were all disconnected, but then got an alert on UD Mobile that PG3 was starting then refreshed the page and they were all connected and running. @Michel Kohanim I do NOT have multiple partitions on the drive. It's as it was shipped.
-
Program stopped working and now says // Unsupported
@epete what controller are you using and what firmware are you on? Did you update recently? Is the device still shown in the list of devices? Can you control the device from admin console? Can you post your program? Right click on the program and select "COPY to clipboard" then paste it here as TEXT. Don't post a screen shot! Text of the program can be used by others to edit it rather than trying to describe on a picture. Also, it saves a lot of writing if it's a simple edit/change. What's in the scene? Is it really a scene or just a single device? You can change the on value by times. I do that with a dimmer switch directly. It's not a scene.
-
I3 set LED to off when switch is off
@jckinneman This might be something that would help UD if you open a support ticket. Especially if this is something that can be duplicated in the Java Admin Console before they move everything into eisy_ui. https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/ Maybe include a link to this thread. Before you open the support ticket can you also run event viewer on level 3 and see if there's anything being generated in there? This might be a case where support for the i3 is almost perfect, but something is off. Glad it seems to be narrowed down to a device situation.
-
UD Mobile errors after updating to OS 14.4
You need to clear the java cache before getting back into it. The error you're getting is indication of that. Be sure you select all 3 boxes in the process. If on Windows look for "Configure Java" -> "Settings" -> "Delete Files"
-
I3 set LED to off when switch is off
@jckinneman strange. I wonder if an issue with it being an i3 device. Sorry can't test any of those. What if you tested one program, but making the else the off setting. led-test - [ID ####][Parent ####] If 'Office' Status is not Off Then Set 'Office' Backlight 100% Else Set 'Office' Backlight 0% This is since it's a dimmer if there's any brightness level set then the backlight would be 100%, but when it was off would be 0%. I don't use status often and wonder if that's causing the loop since it's always checking the status. The scene could also be an issue. Do you have any other i3 devices not in scenes to test with?
-
New release out today.....Does this work on Polisy?
@Guy Lavoie thanks for clarifying and info.
-
New release out today.....Does this work on Polisy?
Based on the release notes, no, this would not apply to the Polisy. I believe I read others saying they tried to update their Polisy and nothing changed for them. https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/46914-os-144-release-is-now-available/
-
Upgrade Polisy from 5.9.1 to 6.0.0 or 6 something.
Here's the last update that seemed to include the Polisy: https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/46475-updated-software-available/ There is another release out that I do not think will apply to the Polisy. Remember, if you run into issues you can open a support ticket with UD: https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/
-
EISY memory utilization very high
@TheA2Z do you have a lot of plugins loaded/running? I don't have much on my system and it's at 33%. You might want to open a support ticket just to be sure it's okay and nothing to worry about. Haven't seen others commenting on the memory being an issue yet. Always good to get it looked over just to be certain. https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/ Sorry...just saw there was indeed another post about memory...
-
IoX 6.1.1 let's discuss it!
Nice work on the update. Updated tonight in probably ~20 minutes. I wasn't watching it like a hawk, but started the process about just after 5pm and was rebooted and back into the system by 5:40. The web UI is a nice update to have. Looking forward to how it continues to develop. I'll be one (of the few) that will miss the java admin console if/when it's officially not available. It's so reliable. 😉 Nice work UD team!
-
I3 set LED to off when switch is off
@jckinneman do you have a program that is turning the backlight ON when the switch is turned on or status on? And that one isn't causing an issue? Be sure to remove the "wait 2 seconds" line too I do not have an i3 device, but on a simple on/off module the program as you have it and as @JimTurner posted works for switched and status. But when I turn the light back on the led (backlight) stays out. I'm not sure if the i3 is acting different and causing the program to run in a loop because it's always seeing the "status" as off. Do you have the device set as an "on/off" switch or is it a dimmer? If it's a dimmer maybe we can edit the program somehow. Also, for future reference, the best way to post a program to the forums is to right click the program and select "COPY to Clipboard" then paste it as text. It helps others edit the program rather than describing on a picture. This worked in my test: led-test - [ID ####][Parent ####] If 'Office' Status is Off Then Set 'Office' Backlight 0% Else Set 'Office' Backlight 100%