ISY and Insteon 2982-222 Smoke Detector Bridge

Tim McDermott

I realize this product is long in tooth, but can anyone speak to whether ISY supports it and if so, which states are reported. I'd try it out myself but I'd rather not go searching about for mine if it's a moot point. I once bought one and several compatible sensors I'd now like to implement. Among other actions, it's my thought that a positive smoke or CO2 state might be programmed to turn off my HVAC via an Insteon thermostat. Thanks all.

I don't know how well its features are supported but this is what I have found.

In the device choice tab in 5.0.16A. There is a module they called a Smoke Sensor. Category 10, Subcategory 0A. In the 2982.222 manual it shows a Category of 0X10, Subcategory 0X0A. Good chance they are both the same module.

9 hours ago, Tim McDermott said:

I realize this product is long in tooth, but can anyone speak to whether ISY supports it and if so, which states are reported. I'd try it out myself but I'd rather not go searching about for mine if it's a moot point. I once bought one and several compatible sensors I'd now like to implement. Among other actions, it's my thought that a positive smoke or CO2 state might be programmed to turn off my HVAC via an Insteon thermostat. Thanks all.

I plugged mine in recently using my ISY 5.x and it populated in it with several items. I didn't have a compatible smoke detector so I couldn't check that part out. Now I just use it as an RF repeater. Works great for that. Here is what is showing up on the Admin console:

135842199_Screenshot2022-05-04080608.jpg.c6245228a92319a75aacdd9c9bd0344e.jpg

I used one, and it worked just fine.  I had one compatible smoke detector, but it relayed all test alarms from any of my other hardwired smokes.  I used it to shut off HVAC and turn the house lights on.  I didn't have a compatible CO2 alarm, so I can't speak to that.

It does support it.

In my setup, when the smoke alarm goes off, all of the lights in the house turn on (in theory to help you see and get out of the house at night in the event of a fire).  The lights also turn on a couple of seconds before the alarm sounds, so it's an indicator to everyone around that my wife's cooking is getting out of hand and the alarm is about to go off.

It's a shame the compatible detectors are butt ugly. I much prefer the industrial design and features of the Nest Protect detectors. I'm to gather we still don't have virtual nodes for either them or Nest's thermostat. Bummer. Alexa's routines are OK as far as they go, but I yearn for the interoperability of nodes for them on Polisy. Michel tells me it's a matter of unavailable APIs, which I don't guess is going to change any time soon.

Archived