Yale AYR-MOD-ZW3

csteenwyk

I am trying to include the new yale AYR-MOD-ZW3, which is the 700 series zwave module for their smart locks. The primary node in IOP is detected as a light, not a lock, so I can't control the device. I have tried adding and removing it, as well as resynchronizing it from the admin panel. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

@gregkinney I have little experience with z-wave, but have played with the Zooz zen32 and the Aeotec smart switch7 quite a bit. I was mainly focused on interoperability between z-wave brands as it relates to scene control for lighting. I was also looking for replacements for existing multi-switch devices from Insteon.

Both of the devices I played with are 700 series and performed quite well even in my test environment with only two devices. Performance was much better than the older 300 or 500 series as measured by distance, speed of response to commands, and consistency.

I have no experience with Yale products, but I can say form the description the AYR-MOD-ZW3 seems to be a z-wave plus device which is a 500 series and not a 700 series.

There are others on the forums here with a lot more z-wave experience than me and I would encourage you to post on things that interest you. The amount of experience available on this forum is truly amazing at times.

10 hours ago, kzboray said:

@gregkinney I have little experience with z-wave, but have played with the Zooz zen32 and the Aeotec smart switch7 quite a bit. I was mainly focused on interoperability between z-wave brands as it relates to scene control for lighting. I was also looking for replacements for existing multi-switch devices from Insteon.

Both of the devices I played with are 700 series and performed quite well even in my test environment with only two devices. Performance was much better than the older 300 or 500 series as measured by distance, speed of response to commands, and consistency.

I have no experience with Yale products, but I can say form the description the AYR-MOD-ZW3 seems to be a z-wave plus device which is a 500 series and not a 700 series.

There are others on the forums here with a lot more z-wave experience than me and I would encourage you to post on things that interest you. The amount of experience available on this forum is truly amazing at times.

Zw3 version is 700 series while the 500 series version is zw2. I haven't seen any ZW3 yet in the wild outside of ebay. 

I am still working through the ticket to try to understand why it isn't using the proper lock node in the ISY software, so I can't speak to how well it worked. I have the 500 series version, it worked well but seemed to miss messages occasionally, I am hoping the 700 series does better.

Archived