X10 Address Tab Suggestion

yardman 49

Hello Michel:

Jim was referencing the tab concept for X10 that I had mentioned in an earlier post.

I thought that there might be room for it as one of the sub-tabs in the "Configuration" tab view. Right now you have the "System" and "Elk" sub-tabs within "Configuration". So I was envisioning the "X10" tab view living in there.

I didn't originally propose linking the names to the X10 codes, just that you would have the table, where the codes could be named, and then the ability to click on a code and send a command (on, off, all on, all off, etc). Or, possibly some drop down fields on that tab where you could select the code, select the desired command, and click "send". This would look exactly like the way that X10 codes are added to programs, except that instead of a buttons called "add to Then" or "add to Else", you'd have a button "Send Command".

I think, as Jim stated, that this alone would meet 80-90% of our needs. But if you wanted to go further, and add the ability to use the code name in programs, that would be great; but possibly this would be more time consuming than you want.

So, to recap for the sake of clarity:

- Have an "X10" sub-tab added to the "Configuration" tabbed view.

- Have a table on that view where X10 codes could be added, along with an associated name.

- have drop down fields on that view, similar to "Program Details", where a code and an action could be selected, and where then a "Send" or "Execute" button pressed.

Best wishes.

Frank,

Got it. Let me see what we can do!

Thanks so very much,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Michel:

- Have a table on that view where X10 codes could be added, along with an associated name.

- have drop down fields on that view, similar to "Program Details", where a code and an action could be selected, and where then a "Send" or "Execute" button pressed.

I split this suggestion off to a separate post for Yardman, but some how this did not split over from the other post so here it is.

Frank,

Got it. Let me see what we can do!

Thanks so very much,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello Michel:

Thanks so much, Michel !

I just had another slight modification to add to my request: could you link the "device code/name resolution table" to the "device code entry fields", such that if you click on a row in the resolution table, that device code would autofill the device code entry fields?

So sending an X10 command would work like this:

- you click on a row in the "code/name resolution table"

- X10 code from that row autofills the drop-down "device code entry fields"; if you haven't highlighted a row in the resolution table, then the code entry fields remain blank; you then have the option to use the drop downs for the code fields and manually select the desired X10 code.

- once you've specified a device code by either method, you then select an X10 action from the drop down "X 10 action field"

- you click the "Send" button.

This would make it just a little bit more user friendly.

As usual, we're grateful for you taking all of our suggestions seriously.

Archived