Siren Configuration

cksedg

I finally decided to get my Siren (2868-222) integrated into my system.  I have it added and ready to go.

Can anyone give me information on the six different "nodes" of the Siren, i.e. 1(Siren Trigger Home), 2(Siren Arm Home; 3(Siren Trigger Away); 4(Siren Arm Away); 5(Siren Trigger Both; and 6(Siren Arm Both?  How are they used differently? Can you give me an example of why you would use each one, all of them, or what?

I'm really confused on this.

Thanks!

Craig

9 hours ago, cksedg said:

I finally decided to get my Siren (2868-222) integrated into my system.  I have it added and ready to go.

Can anyone give me information on the six different "nodes" of the Siren, i.e. 1(Siren Trigger Home), 2(Siren Arm Home; 3(Siren Trigger Away); 4(Siren Arm Away); 5(Siren Trigger Both; and 6(Siren Arm Both?  How are they used differently? Can you give me an example of why you would use each one, all of them, or what?

I'm really confused on this.

Thanks!

Craig

I believe that information is in the full owners manual found online. 

@cksedg Here's a link to the Manual. It's not very forthcoming as the siren was tied directly to the Smarthome phone app. I also know that UDI had to reverse engineer all support for the 2868-222. Smarthome refused to give UDI any information on the device. As I recall the 2868-222 may have been the straw that broke the camels back with UDI supporting future Smarthome products and a shift towards z-wave.

2868-222 Documentation

I have also played around a bit with the 2868-222 and never had much success getting it to do the things I wanted it to. As I recall from my testing about a year ago, it is meant to be triggered by some other device; either immediately or on a delay, I never could get it to chime, only the siren would activate. As far as the all the other functions go I'd play with them and see if you can figure out how best to utilize them.

Thanks for your help. I must say, the owner's manual is not very helpful for using this device with the isy994i.

I will mess around with it and see if I can come up with something useful for my home.

Again--thanks!

I am using that module in a scene and you may find three places to set parameters.

The listing in the Administrative Console did not set what I wanted. In its listing in the scene list where I added it.  It also did not seem to set what I wanted. When I highlighted the scene name it self in the Administrative Console. I was able to get it working the way I wanted it to work.

One thing that may not be too well known. That module and the earlier Alert Module where the ones Smartlabs did not provide proper or any data on how it was to be handled. So it was reverse engineered by the folks at UDI and possibly may not function exactly as the manual says it should work.

Archived