RESOLVED: Unable to change PG3 password

JAvnaim

Hello all,

I am running a new Polisy running PG3 (3.0.62). I am unable to change from the default username / password. When I attempt to do so under Settings -> Profile, it appears to work (green success message bottom right corner.) Then when I attempt to login again, I get the Unauth 401 error and the new password doesn't work. I have to utilize the original/default password again. Thoughts?

Jordan

I just tried it again, same result as I noted above. Looked in the log and it doesn't show any entries regarding a password change, either successful or unsuccessful. Oddly enough, the log doesn't even show the unauthorized 401 error when I try to login with the newly "changed" password (that doesn't work.)

Any other thoughts?

On 6/14/2022 at 9:48 AM, JAvnaim said:

Polisy running PG3 (3.0.62)

Not that I think it would make a difference, but current PG3 version is 3.0.63. If you're familiar with SSH commands (through Putty or even Windows built-in) I might suggest going that route to force the PG3 restart. (Update instructions given in link for 3.0.63 release thread.)

When you click on Profile -> Settings does it give you this window:

image.png

When I type a new password in there it logs me out and asks for my Portal login then allows me to log into PG3 again. 

Even though you said above you are going through Profile -> Settings something doesn't appear to be going to the correct place. 

3 hours ago, Geddy said:

Even though you said above you are going through Profile -> Settings something doesn't appear to be going to the correct place. 

In addition to @Geddy's comments...   Specifically when you think you are changing your password what is showing in the URL of the browser?  do you see https:/IP.ADDR.OF.POLISY:3000/profile with emphasis on portion in red?

22 hours ago, Geddy said:

Not that I think it would make a difference, but current PG3 version is 3.0.63. If you're familiar with SSH commands (through Putty or even Windows built-in) I might suggest going that route to force the PG3 restart. (Update instructions given in link for 3.0.63 release thread.)

When you click on Profile -> Settings does it give you this window:

image.png

When I type a new password in there it logs me out and asks for my Portal login then allows me to log into PG3 again. 

I've upgraded to 3.0.63 via SSH, went seamless (no errors noted in CLI).

Once the Polyglot v3 portal refreshed, noted it said 3.0.63. I then tried reset password again through Profile -> Settings (same window shown above.) Entered new password, saw green successful messages bottom right corner. Forced a relogin to my.isy.io portal; was successful. Went to login to Polyglot with new password, no love. Same 401 Unauth error in bottom right corner. I am able to successfully login with the default PW. Also no mention of any password reset in the log (successful or errors.) Is there an additional log file I can check via the CLI?

Also @MrBill; yes that is the URL shown when I am attempting to change the PW.

I'm perplexed!

Follow up question; I've successfully changed the ISY Password from the default (last week) There was no issue there. Just checking that the auth for Polyglot and ISY are complete "separate" and I didn't miss a step somewhere that I needed to sync them?

@JAvnaim Since you've tried the normal process it might be time to open a support ticket to see if they have any specific steps or methods to attempt to be able to change the pass. It's odd that it would function like I experienced, but not trigger the new pass when you tried logging in again. 

Submit a Ticket:       https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets
Email:                           support@universal-devices.com

When they get you working please post back the steps taken to get it fixed to possibly help others if this comes up again.

1 minute ago, JAvnaim said:

Just checking that the auth for Polyglot and ISY are complete "separate" and I didn't miss a step somewhere that I needed to sync them?

No, currently there's no sync between the passwords. You do need to make sure you setup the password in the ISY settings, but that's in a different area. The steps your going through to change PG3 password appear to be correct, and your description of it making you log into the portal again matches what happened when I changed the pass yesterday so I think you're doing the steps right. Something just isn't actually storing it in the device. 

Archived