ELK Area 1 issue

rg65

My ELK alarm only has area 1 programmed into it.  I can connect to it from the ISY screen, but it shows me every area but area 1.

I have refreshed the topology multiple times and still NO AREA 1.

Is there any way to completely clear the ELK information and force it to download the complete setup?

Thank you!

My ELK alarm only has area 1 programmed into it.  I can connect to it from the ISY screen, but it shows me every area but area 1.
I have refreshed the topology multiple times and still NO AREA 1.
Is there any way to completely clear the ELK information and force it to download the complete setup?
Thank you!

What is the name of area 1? I seem to recall that the ISY doesn’t like certain special characters here so if you’ve renamed area 1 try changing the name to something simple or back to Area 1 and see what happens.

Edit: I think it was starting with a “space” character that it didn’t like. I originally tried spaces to center the name on the keypad. Now I use dashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

THANK YOU!  That did solve it!
Yes, I had changed the name of area 1 and added some spaces to the beginning so it would center on the keypad display.  I had not correlated the 2 events.

Glad I could help (and remember the issue from years ago LOL) and glad I saw it right as you posted it so that you can keep moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1