KeypadLinc Button Toggle Mode Question

Mark Sanctuary

Is the ISY resetting the button toggle mode for KeypadLinc buttons?

I had them set to not toggle on/off but now after creating a scene with the ISY I they are back to toggling; well at least they’re togging off but not back on when pressed.

Mark,

No. ISY does not do anything with toggle mode (yet). The only function it supports, at the moment, is button grouping (mutual exclusivity). Have you reset your KPL? You see, memory locations comprise two types:

link database

variables

Button grouping, toggle on/off, and backlight level are all part of the variables which ISY only touches grouping. On the other hand, when you put a device in a scene, then that's when ISY starts playing with the link-database. As you see, link database and operational variables (as far as we know) are mutually exclusive except for the case when a device is fully reset.

Please let me know if this answers your question.

With kind regards,

• 1 year later...

Hello,

What would be the best mode to put a KPL in for controling scenes?Can the KPL be in non-toggle-OFF where the LED stays OFF regarless of the scene that's selected? Or, is it better to be in toggle mode. Will the LED follow the scene if the scene is turnede OFF from an other controller?

There seems to be some confusion here.

Non-toggle means the button always send the same command, either Off or On. If the buttons are always illuminated they will always send an On command. I have used the ISY to set non-toggle mode on two different KPLs, but, with Michel's statement, I don't know if it works in all KPLs. Whatever state the buttons are in (On or Off) when set to non-toggle is the state they stay in.

When the buttons are non-toggle On they will always turn a scene on, and vice-verse.

Because of the way the KPLs work the buttons can be toggled by using other devices. Then they will toggle when pressed, effectively becoming non-toggle again.

Rand

If the buttons are always illuminated they will always send an On command... Whatever state the buttons are in (On or Off) when set to non-toggle is the state they stay in.

This is true of older KPLs. As I reported here, newer KPLs, when placed in non-toggle mode, will always send the configured command (On or Off), regardless of the state of the button's LED.

Archived