iPhone iLinc App

NewTech

I have the iLinc (now called MobiLinc) on my iPhone and for the life of me I cannot get it to work outside of my home network. I have verified that my port 443 is open using the Port Forwarding Checker utility but I cannot find the correct IP address to enter into the SSL HTTPS:// of the iLinc. I had it working just fine until my old DSL router quit working. And, I did have it working with this new router as well until I was told to change the certificate. Now, I know very little (actually probably nothing) about SSL certificates but after I changed the certificate is when it quit working!

I tried to post this over on the MobiLinc forum but could NOT find any place to post a topic.

Please help!

Hi Mike R.,

In your local network, please try going to httpS://your.local.isy.ip.address ... if this does not work either, then there lies the problem.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi, Michel. Yes, it's me again. Sorry to be such a bother. I tried the httpS:// as you suggested and could not log into the ISY while on the local network. Now where do I go?

Once again, thanks to Michel and/or anyone else who responds.

Reading through your posts, it seems possible that you may not have your correct local ip address. Can you log into your new router and find your connected devices. From there you should be able to see your ISY. At that point, it should tell you the local ip address of your ISY. If I were you, I would have the ip address of the ISY be fixed. Its easy to do. Once you do that, the ISY will always have the same ip address and one variable will be removed. Each time you either restart your ISY or the router, there is a chance that the router will change the local ip address of the ISY. Its easy enough to do. In the ISY's Configuration tab under System, it gives you the option of assigning the ISY a static ip address BUT BE WARNED! Don't assign the static ip unless you are absolutely sure you know how to do it because the ISY will restart with that address and if you configured it wrong, you won't be able to access the ISY to change it back easily (it is possible though). The information you need is in the router. If you access the router's administration page, you can find what the local network is. You need the ip range and the Subnet mask and the router's ip address. I always choose an ip address at the end of the range so its out of the way of all the computer traffice (ex. 192.168.0.254)

Next, to make the internet access more reliable, you need to have a static ip address. You could either have your internet service provider assign you one (more expensive but more reliable) or you could sign up for a service that updates your changable ip address with an ip address that you pick. I use TZO.com. There, you pick and address (like yourname) and then add TZO's ending. Then it would look like: yourname.tzo.net. Then, instead of programming your Mobilinc to use your actual internet ip address, you would have Mobilinc use yourname.tzo.net and it should always work.

I know what I've just described seems daunting but it only has to be set up once and I believe it is vital to keeping your network stable.

Hi,

The problem is the format of the certificate in 2.7.10. While you have not installed 2.7.11, please try the following:

1. Telnet to your ISY: http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... o_Your_ISY

2. Login

3. issue: RF /CONF/UD.DCF

This will install the default certificate.

With kind regards,

Michel

Wow, Michel... you're amazing! Your suggestion worked but then again I never doubt your suggestions. Thanks!

If nothing else with this ISY I'm beginning to understand command prompts, IP addresses, routers and networks... Now to do some research on certificates!

Archived