Need some quick answers please

mitch236

My electrician is here changing out my old x-10 wall switches for Insteon. I bought a bunch of 3-way Insteon switches (which come as matched pairs) but since I use the ISY to control my system, do I need to use matched pairs? Won't the link be removed when I find them? Can't I add whatever links I want with programming at the ISY?

As long as they have their own insteion addresses, then they should be able to be reprogrammed to work as desired by using the ISY. I believe that the "paired" switches are preconfigured for convenience.

......if they each have a unique insteon address, they are completely configurable.

As long as they have their own insteion addresses, then they should be able to be reprogrammed to work as desired by using the ISY. I believe that the "paired" switches are preconfigured for convenience.

......if they each have a unique insteon address, they are completely configurable.

Thanks! You are completely correct!! I love this Insteon and the ISY!!! I am migrating from x-10 which has been driving me crazy for the past (I'm embarrassed to say) 6 years!!!

Today, I installed the first 10 or so devices and everything works without any drama!! This is the way I envisioned x-10 but it never delivered. Even my wife loves it!

Archived