Garage Door card with HA

GaryK4

My garage doors use the IOLinc (Relay and Sensor). Has anyone implemented this with Home Assistant? I created a simple card, but the only option I see is a button. That toggles between on and off. However the IO link just want to see an ON every time. In the ISY console, I can start door movement by pressing ON and stop the motion by pressing ON. I can double click the icon in HA, but that is the wrong way to implement it.

How are others handling this?

HA's ISY integration allows you to create custom devices in HA via ISY programs, so you can make a "cover" in HA that actually consists of programs in ISY that issue the command to the IOLinc and track the status of the door to display in HA.  The program's 'then' logic issues a command to open the door, the 'else' logic issues a command to close the door.

The integration page goes over it and actually has a garage door as an example:
https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/isy994/#creating-custom-devices-using-isy-programs

I found and modified that code and it seems to work.

type: button
tap_action:
  action: toggle
entity: switch.pool_pump

Then I have a single automation that watches for any switches that I want to be momentary to turn on, and switch them off after .5sec, like this, in automation.yaml

alias: Momentary  switch
  description: 'Turn any switch into a momentary switch'
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: switch.pool_pump, switch.rain_delay2
    to: 'on'
    for: '00:00:00.5'
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_off
    data: {}
    entity_id: switch.pool_pump, switch.rain_delay2