Firmware 2.7.11 ALPHA Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

I just received some SwitchLinc Relays, 2476S V5.5 that report an Insteon type of SwitchLightControl.28.58.0 (2.28.58.0), which 2.7.11 reports as Unsupported Device:2.28.

Do you know about these? Will you be adding support?

On/Off functions work. Device screen doesn't show LED Brightness button.

At what level will these work with 2.7.11? Should re-add them and manually specify a type?

I seem to be able to control them, but not get status updates.

When you say you're not able to get status updates, do you mean it doesn't seem to detect local control (from the switch)? If so, I seem to be having the same problem. Even a new SL Dimmer v38 I just added seemed to have issues as well.

I "fixed" both of them by creating scenes that were empty except for the problem device as a controller. By doing so the ISY now picks up local status change just fine.

These are my first devices I've added in quite a while so I'm not sure if the problem is with the ISY or the new devices....

thanks

rob

OK, seems like adding the new SL Dimmer and SL Relay to scenes didn't fix the problem with local status. I'd say approx 10% of the time the ISY has the status correct.

The new dimmer controls 2 60 watt incadescent lights and the relay controls a bathroom vent fan. I have a passive Signalinc at the panel and the ISY and PLM is near the panel. Testing the scenes I added the devices to proved 100% success rate of 15 attempts. Querying the devices directly takes only a single hop. All of this indicates to me that the linequality is fine. I even added a spare AP on outlets either side of the problem switches to no avail.

The dimmer shows up as a v38 dimmer with sense, which it does not have. I forced the relay as a Relay (no sense) and it shows up as v00 as I understand it will be recognized in the next release.

thanks

rob

@Rob that's what I was seeing.

I manually configured one as a 2476S and one as a 2476S w/Sense. They both seem to be working fine. I can set the LED brightness on the one that I configured as w/Sense.

I have eight more to install, trying to decide if I want to wait for 2.7.12, or manually configure them as 2476S w/Sense.

Thanks.

Jeff

Hi Jeff/Rob,

If you are having "unsupported device" then you will have to remove and re-add them in 2.7.12 since ISY adds unknown devices as responders only.

As far as not getting status updates back in ISY, that seems to be a major issue. Would it be at all possible to move them closer to the PLM just to test?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Jeff/Rob,

If you are having "unsupported device" then you will have to remove and re-add them in 2.7.12 since ISY adds unknown devices as responders only.

As far as not getting status updates back in ISY, that seems to be a major issue. Would it be at all possible to move them closer to the PLM just to test?

Hi Michel,

I've upgraded to 2.7.12 and re-added the unsupported device, which now shows up properly as a SLR Remote Control On/Off Siwtch v.3a. The other problem device always was auto-detected as a SLD w/ Sense v.38 which is actually incorrect. It's a SLD but has no sense. Both are installed in a 2-gang box in a bathroom.

Since it was easier to move the ISY and PLM I plugged it in to the outlet next to the problem switches (and on the same circuit). I am still getting about a 5-10% success rate with status when controlled locally. There is no activity in the event viewer. Repeatedly pressing On or Off will eventually make the status update but sometimes throw an "ISY is unable to communicate w/ Guest Bath Fan" or "w/ Guest Bath Lights" depending on the button I mashing.

With the ISY still in the guest bathroom, it was still picking up other device updates through the house and had 100% success in the scene test for the problem lights. Just local status.

I think I'm about ready to RMA them but I find it strange that both a new relay and new dimmer in the same location have the same problem. I don't think it's a loose neutral otherwise I would think the scene test and querying would be failing.

Any suggestions?

many thanks,

rob

I did a bit more troubleshooting by adding the 2 problem devices into a my "dining room" scene as controllers.

If I trigger the scene from the dining room, all devices operate as expected and the ISY status is correct.

If I trigger the scene from either of the 2 problem devices, all devices operate as expected but the ISY status is incorrect for the 2 bad devices. Querying them fixes the incorrect status.

thanks

rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rob,

Sorry for the late response. Any changes?

I wonder if one device is bad and affecting communications from the other? Pulling the set buttons one at a time could test this.

Rand

I did a bit more troubleshooting by adding the 2 problem devices into a my "dining room" scene as controllers.

If I trigger the scene from the dining room, all devices operate as expected and the ISY status is correct.

If I trigger the scene from either of the 2 problem devices, all devices operate as expected but the ISY status is incorrect for the 2 bad devices. Querying them fixes the incorrect status.

thanks

rob

Archived