After PG3 Update to 3.1.6, Kasa Node Server shows "The subscription for this node server has expired"

dwengrovitz
Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

I updated PG3 to the latest version (3.1.6) and am seeing an issue with the Kasa Node Server (3.0.11) as well as the WirelessTag Node Server (3.1.6). After restarting PG3, both of these node servers show "1 New Message" next to "Details" on the Dashboard, and both Node Servers remain disconnected.  Upon viewing the details, they both show a notice that says "The subscription for this node server has expired". 

My list of Node Server Purchases shows both of these node servers have been purchased and "Never Expire".   

If I restart them, the message goes away, they restart and connect to IoP, but after about 30 seconds they disconnect again. 

Seems like something is off with the subscription status for these Node Servers on the new release of PG3.   I am happy to provide log files if that would help with further diagnosis. 

The PG3 log file might help. 

It only checks for an expired license if the expiration data is set and is non-zero.  For a perpetual license, it should be either null or zero. 

Did you activate a trial for these originally?  I'm wondering if the query for a license is returning both an expired trial and perpetual and PG3 is using the expired trial license for some reason.

2 minutes ago, dwengrovitz said:

I may have had a trial license at one point but it's been so long I can't say for sure. 

I restarted PG3 and grabbed the log for about 3 minutes, starting with the restart and ending shortly after the Kasa and Wirelesstag Node Servers go offline.  What's the best way to get you the log file?

You should be able to attached it to a PM to me.

I'm building a new release now that I think will resolve the issue.  

I ran update packages again and restarted with 3.1.8.  Previously, both the Kasa and Wirelesstag Node Servers went offline about 30 seconds after they started.  It's now been almost ten minutes and both still seem to be alive, so it looks like your update may have taken care of it. 

If they go offline again I will let you know and send the log, but otherwise, it seems to be working now. 

Edited by dwengrovitz
  • Like 2